❦ FIFTEEN | DOWN THE HIGHWAY

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Every town has one. The spooky house that all the kids avoid. Ours was Thornhill, the Blossom family's mansion with its very own graveyard. And trapped within its walls, like some gothic heroine, was Cheryl Blossom, still grieving for her beloved brother, Jason. Linked in death, even as they were in life.

Jughead had set his alarm for 5:45 the next morning so the two could get ready for school before the teachers and students showed up. Jughead was use to getting up so early, but Amethyst pretty much screamed at him when he attempted to get her to move.

Rolling his eyes, Jughead walked to the locker room with a towel, soaps and fresh clothes for the day ahead.

Amethyst eventually woke up at 6:30 to find Jughead not beside her. Checking the time, and then cussing out loud, Amethyst quickly chose her clothes for the day and pretty much sprinted to the female locker room where the showers were.

She stripped down and took a quick shower before wrapping herself up in her towel and walking towards the sink. Amethyst was brushing her teeth when she heard someone enter the room. She thought that it was just Jughead, but was surprised to see Cheryl walking towards the brunette. Amethyst looked at her questionably before spitting her toothpaste into the sink and then rinsing her mouth.

"Why did you shower at school?" Cheryl asked, her face screwed up.

"My brother had to drop me off early to go to work and I didn't have time to shower," Amethyst replied. Lying had become an easy thing for her to do for years now.

Cheryl smirked at the mention of Amie's brother. "How is Demarcus, anyway?" She asked, licking her lips.

Amethyst screwed up her face and shrugged. "He's fine, thanks for wondering," she said.

Cheryl pulled a black envelope from her bag and handed it out to Amethyst. "You are invited to Jason's funeral. Please dress appropriately and try not to embarrass yourself," Cheryl said.

Amethyst nodded and read over the invite.

"And I still haven't thanked you for comforting me at the pep rally when I completely lost it in front of you and Veronica," Cheryl said, being all serious all of a sudden.

Amethyst nodded, finding it weird that Cheryl was actually bringing it up. "That's fine. I know what it feels like to lose a loved one," Amie said.

Cheryl nodded in understanding. "To thank you for it, I'm hereby inviting you to a sleepover at my house that I'm having the night before the funeral."