❦ SIXTY-THREE | WELL I FOUND A GIRL

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

Behold, Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. For decades, the heart of Riverdale. Now the latest casualty in the town's ongoing battle against darkness. And far from the glow of Pop's neon sign, on Sweetwater Bridge, Archie Andrews had arranged a secret rendezvous with Dilton Doiley. That night, for the first time in weeks, Archie would sleep before waking up the next morning to a living nightmare.

"Misty!" Someone called out, but it was distant, and Amethyst was perfectly happy sleeping in her bed. "Amethyst, someone's here for you!"

Amethyst slowly opened her eyes and woke up from her slumber. She groaned, thinking back to the weird dream she had about the titanic, before sitting up in her bed. Amethyst let out a big yawn as she stretched her whole body, consciously looking out of the small window next to the bed. She had to have a double-take, however, because there was a motorbike parked right besides her window which wasn't Demarcus'.

Widening her eyes as she only thought of one other person, Amethyst leapt out of bed and quickly checked her mirror to make sure she didn't look like complete trash, before hurrying out of her room and down the small passageway where she saw Jughead standing in front of the door with a grin on his face.

"Hey, Buttercup," he only got the chance to say, before Amethyst had wrapped her arms around his midsection and pulled him close to her in a loving hug.

"Hey," Amethyst said, her head rested on his shoulder.

"Are you two alright?" Demarcus asked, finding that they were extra giddy around each other which didn't usually happen.

"Yep," Amethyst said, pulling away from Jughead and grabbing onto his hand before dragging him off to her room. "Be back when breakfast is ready."

"Which is in ten minutes!" Demarcus called out before Amethyst shut her door and let out a big sigh.

Jughead grabbed onto Amethyst's waist and turned her around to face him and began to lean in when she pressed a finger onto his lips.

"Morning breath," she told him, pulling her finger away.

Jughead smiled. "I don't care."

He leant in again but Amethyst ducked under his arm. "Well, I do. So you're not getting anything until I brush my teeth."

Jughead chuckled as he turned around to face Amethyst who was rummaging through her wardrobe and walked over to stand besides her.