❦ THIRTY-FIVE | THE LIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Amethyst Moore had just finished putting on her sneakers when there was a knock on the front door. She assumed Archie answered it, because then Amethyst heard two sets of feet walk up the stairs.

Amethyst frowned, seeing that Jughead was in Archie's room with her and Fred was at his work, before opening the door and looking to see who it was.

Cheryl Blossom stood in front of Archie's bedroom with a disgusted look on her face as she glanced around

Amethyst raised an eyebrow. "You alright, Cheryl?"

Cheryl shook her head. "Small houses make me claustrophobic."

Amethyst hummed in response before Cheryl's eyes settled on what Amethyst was wearing, an even more disgusted look settling on her face.

"Holy heavens, what are you wearing?" She asked.

Amethyst looked down at her jeans, sweater and sneakers. "Something warm. It's snowing outside."

"Ew, no. You have to look nice." Amethyst pouted. "That's why I'm here, to go through your clothing and choose something more....appropriate."

Amethyst raised an eyebrow but didn't press.

"Now, do you have any red clothing?" Cheryl asked.

"Um, no. Not that I recall besides a band t-shirt," Amethyst replied before leaning against the door frame and crossing her arms.

Cheryl held a red cardigan out to Amethyst. "This is so two years ago, so I assumed you would wear it," she said.

Amethyst pouted as she took the cardigan. "Red doesn't even look good on me," she complained.

"Everyone attending wears red. It's almost a Blossom family tradition but without us having to imply it," Cheryl replied. "Trust me, you are gonna wanna wear red."

Amethyst sighed and nodded before looking back at Jughead. "Juggy, get out," she ordered.

Jughead his hands up in surrender before walking towards the door. "Whatever you say, Buttercup." Before he walked past, his placed a kiss upon Amethyst's cheek before following Archie down the stairs.

Amethyst was about to shut the door when Cheryl held her hand out. "I said I will be going through your clothes to find something decent to wear," she said.

Amethyst huffed. "I'll just choose something semi nice that I'm sure you'll like."

Cheryl rolled her eyes. "Doubt it." She pushed the door wide open and walked into Archie's room before gagging. "Why does it smell like garbage in here?"