❦ SIXTY-FOUR | BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR

Amethyst paced her room with her phone against her ear as she talked to Jughead. She was expressing her concerns about his dad and himself, as well as Pop's diner.

"I just couldn't sleep much," she explained. "What with your dad's trial coming up and how there's a killer on the loose. What if the killer breaks into my cabin or your trailer?"

"Relax, Buttercup. I'm sure we will be fine," Jughead said. "Now, as for Pop's, Betty called and said she wanted to meet us at the Mayor's office to try and persuade Mayor McCoy to keep Pop's diner open."

Amethyst stopped pacing and threw her hand up. "Why the hell didn't I come up with that?"

Jughead chuckled. "It's alright, Amie," he said. "Now I have to go and get ready to leave. Do you need me to take you?"

Amethyst shook her head. "No, Demi is here."

"Okay, I'll see you at the office," he said. "I love you."

Amethyst smiled lightly. "I love you."

She hung up and looked at herself in the mirror, sighing sadly at what their lives had come to.

Amethyst, Jughead and Betty sat on a small couch in the waiting room at the Mayor's office. Amethyst nervously played with Jughead's fingers as he watched what she was doing.

"I'm sure Pop's diner will be fine, y'know?" Amethyst said quickly. "It's been through some shit so this shouldn't be that much different, couldn't it? And I'm sure your father will be fine also. I mean, maybe there will be some evidence piled in his favour so that he doesn't have to spend all that time in jail?"

"I hope so," Jughead sighed.

"I'm sure Mayor McCoy will be lenient," Betty told them two. "She's very — Mayor McCoy!"

Amethyst, Jughead and Betty stood up in an instant to catch up to the Mayor who was hurrying to her next destination.

"Betty, Amethyst, Jughead, what can I help you with?" Mayor McCoy asked.

"So, the Chock'lit Shoppe is on the verge of closing and we want Pop Tate to know that the town is rallying behind him," Betty told her.

McCoy huffed as she began to walk away, but the three teenagers were quick to follow. "We were thinking that you could make the building a landmark," Jughead said.