❦ FORTY-NINE | THE FEELINGS

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

Jughead and Amethyst arrived at Pop's diner just past twelve at night. Amethyst ordered two cappuccinos, knowing that Jughead wouldn't want to sleep any time soon, and sat down beside him in a booth. Jughead took his beanie off and threw it onto the table in exasperation as Amethyst lightly held his hand.

Amethyst took the first sip of her coffee when the doorbell rung. She wouldn't have paid attention to it, considering Pop's was a very famous place for people to go to, but it was past midnight, and only a couple of people would go to Pops at that time.

Amethyst turned around in her seat to see who it was before heaving a big sigh.

"Told you," Veronica said before her, Betty and Archie hurried towards their booth.

"Jug," Archie said, alerting Jughead's attention to their arrival.

Betty uneasily sat down in the seat opposite Amethyst and Jughead, a look of apology on her face. "Jughead. We're so sorry. About everything," she said quietly, but loud enough for Jughead to hear her.

"Juggy, we screwed up," Archie said. "We all did. Breaking into your dad's trailer was wrong, but at least some good came out of it."

Amethyst frowned and she glared in warning at Archie as Jughead said, "Pretty sure my dad was just arrested for murder."

"That gun wasn't there when we searched his trailer," Veronica told him. "Someone put it there after we left."

Jughead's eyes shot from Archie to Veronica to Betty as Amethyst stared at them with her mouth agape. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Are you sure you didn't just miss it?" Amethyst asked.

"We're positive," Veronica said. "We checked every section of the trailer several times, there was no lock box in the cupboard. Someone put it there."

Amethyst looked into Veronica's eyes to see if she was lying, before looking back at Jughead and nodding. Jughead sighed in relief at the thought of his father not being the killer, before he grabbed onto Amethyst's hand with both of his as Amethyst smiled at him.

The four teenagers hurried into the police station to tell Sheriff Keller about what had happened. Jughead lead the way, with Amethyst following. He had a hopeful look etched onto his face, and it was so contagious that Amethyst couldn't help but finding herself smiling because of it.

Archie hurried to the front desk immediately. "Excuse me, sir. We need to see Sheriff Keller," he told the man.

"There's been a huge mistake," Amethyst told him.