❦ FIFTY-TWO | IS SIT IN SILENCE

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

The four who found the jacket and Archie all met up back in Archie's garage, where they had Jason's jacket sitting on a chair for them all to see. It was silent as they looked at the jacket, wondering how a jacket was meant to help Jughead's dad.

"This is meant to help FP?" Archie wondered, frowning down at the jacket.

Kevin shrugged. "I don't know. Looks like more incriminating evidence to me."

"Yeah. This just confirms that my dad torched Jason's getaway car," Jughead said.

"And that his confession was true," Kevin agreed.

Betty shook her head. "Why would FP say Jason's varsity jacket is dangerous? What could that mean?"

"I can ask my father," Veronica spoke up as she entered the room. "He would know, considering we found concrete proof that he hired the Serpents to kill Jason. Which probably means that your dad pulled the trigger, Jughead. I'm sorry."

Jughead's frowned and nodded solemnly as he looked down. Amethyst didn't like the look Jughead had on his face. The one that told her that he had given up. Given up on his father and any chance at showing everyone that he was an innocent man. Amethyst's heart broke at the look on Jughead's face, and she immediately began to shake her head.

"No," she disagreed, before looking positive that she was right. "No, I'm not giving up yet. I have known FP for all of my life and I know for a fact that he didn't kill Jason." Amethyst picked up the varsity jacket and looked at it before turning to Archie. "Put it on."

Archie's eyes widened. "Wait, what?" He asked.

Amethyst flung the jacket over his shoulders as Archie reluctantly put the jacket on. "This may be a bit weird but I promise you I'm onto something," she told him.

Archie seemed to have a displeasing look on his face, considering he was wearing one of his dead classmates jacket. Amethyst then began to pat the sides of the jacket, walking around Archie where she wrapped her arms around his waist to slot her hands into the pocket's holes.

"Amie," Archie warned.

"Shut the fuck up, Andrews," Amethyst replied, before finding a hole at the bottom of the jacket. "There's a hole at the bottom of the pocket."

Kevin huffed. "Now we're just grasping at straws."

"I don't know about you guys, but whenever I have a hole in my jacket pocket, I always lose my ChapStick in the lining," Betty told them.