❦ SEVENTY-ONE | NOT KNOWING

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

Amethyst was rudely woken up the next morning by a phone ringing. Betty woke up with a start from the chair she was sleeping on, and Amethyst flew out of the arms she was asleep in and landed with a thud on the ground.

Amethyst groaned as she lifted her head up, her sleep filled eyes looking up towards Betty to see what she was doing. Amethyst turned over so she was lying on her back as Betty quickly grabbed her phone and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

Jughead peaked over the couch and down at Amethyst, who stared up at him in return.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Never been better," Amethyst replied, before sitting up and rubbing her neck. "God, my neck hurts."

"Same here," Jughead groaned.

"We fell asleep!" Betty said. "How did we fall asleep?"

"We were exhausted," Jughead responded. "It's not easy being us."

"Oh, my god, she's gonna kill me," Betty quickly said, looking at the caller ID on her phone.

"Who is?" Amethyst tiredly asked.

"My mom," Betty responded.

Amethyst's eyes suddenly widened and she leapt up off of the ground. "Marcus is going to kill me. Oh, my god," she quickly said, searching the floor for her phone.

"Relax, Buttercup," Jughead told her calmly, closing his eyes again. "I called your brother when you fell asleep and told him that you'd be staying with me."

Amethyst instantly sighed in relief before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on Jughead's lips.

Jughead opened his eyes and frowned. "I thought you didn't like my morning breath," he said.

Amethyst shrugged. "I actually don't mind it. I just like to not give you the satisfaction of kissing me just as you wake up."

Jughead rose an eyebrow. "Really?"

Amethyst hummed and nodded. "Yeah, pretty much."

"I have to go," Betty quickly said, packing up some of her stuff in her bag. "My mom will kill me. I have to go."

"Okay," Amethyst said. "See you later?"

"Yeah. Bye, guys," Betty said before leaving the trailer.

Amethyst hummed. "I wish I was a morning person."