❦ SEVENTEEN | MY HOLLOW CHEST

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Amethyst had already had her bag packed for Cheryl's sleepover due to her and Jughead needing to be prepared if anyone were to grow suspicious of their sleeping arrangements. She began the trek towards the Blossom Manor; the house she never would've thought she'd visit.

After getting access through their gate, Amethyst walked up to the front door and rung the bell. The door soon opened up to Cheryl who was grinning.

"Amethyns," she smiled as she stepped forward and kissed Amethyst's cheeks. Amethyst frowned but didn't say anything.

"Hey, Cheryl," Amie replied as she shuffled on her feet.

"Come on in. You're just in time for dinner." She opened the door up wider for Amethyst to step in.

"Just place your bags over there - " she pointed besides the stairs. "- my maid will take them to my room."

Amethyst placed her bags by the stairs and followed Cheryl into the dining room where Veronica, Mr and Mrs Blossom, and Cheryl's grandmother were. A relieved smile spread across Veronica's face when she saw Amethyst, relieved that it shouldn't be as awkward is it was before.

"Amethyst, dear, please take a seat," Penelope Blossom said, gesturing to the chair beside's Cheryl's grandmother.

Amethyst walked over there and then sat down on the chair. "Thank you for having me tonight," Amethyst said, watching as the food was brought out.

"Cheryl invited you," she replied. "I have no idea why you two are here."

"Me neither," Veronica said

"Me neither," Veronica said. "I thought there'd be other girls." Amethyst and Veronica shared a look before they began to eat.

"Nana Rose, would you like some more ham?" Clifford Blossom asked. She didn't reply and just kept looking forward. "Veronica, Amethyst, would you like some more maple ham?"