❦ THIRTY | MY NECK

CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

That night, Archie explained to Jughead and Amethyst that his dad's construction company had lost all of its workers and would soon have to close down because of the lack of money they were getting. So, after Jughead suggested it to the worrying Andrews, Archie gathered a couple members of the football team plus Kevin, Jughead and Amethyst to help out in the construction work until Fred got more staff.

When they all arrived in their cars, Fred, Hermione and Amethyst's brother, Demarcus all walked out of the trailer to see what the commotion was about.

Amethyst grabbed all of the hard hats and began passing them around to everyone as Archie walked up to his dad.

"What is this?" Fred asked his son.

"Your new crew. Reporting for duty," Archie replied.

Demarcus sent a small smile towards Amethyst and she grinned back.

"I appreciate it, I do, but isn't there something more important you need to be doing?" Fred asked. "Like going to school, playing football."

"To be fair, I don't play football, Fred," Amethyst called out.

Fred chuckled lightly. "Well, we can work after practice and on weekends. Until you find a new crew. Help keep things on schedule," Archie explained. "Come on, dad. I worked for you the whole summer."

"Tell me about it," Amethyst mumbled to Jughead, referring to the fact that Archie suddenly had a six pack after the holidays ended.

"And these guys--"

"We're bruiser studs, Mr Andrews," Moose interjected, before glancing at Jughead and Amethyst. "At least some of us are."

Amethyst playfully glared at him. "Suck a cock, Moose."

"And he gladly will," Kevin said. "I mean what."

"Amie is actually pretty strong," Demarcus spoke up. "I mean, she beats me in arm wrestling contests all the time."

Amethyst pointed her finger at him. "And don't you forget it."

However, Moose and his other mate, George frowned. "Who are you?" Moose asked.

"Amethyst's older brother," Demarcus replied.

Moose's eyes widened, realising that Demarcus had aged well since high school.

Hermione turned towards Fred. "Come on. Desperate times, Fred, huh?"