Chapter 4

[NOTE: AFTER REACHING 2ND PAGE WHEN YOU DON'T FIND LINK BETWEEN IT AND THE 1ST, THEN DON'T GET ANGRY......JUST IMMEDIATELY GO BACK TO THE 1ST PAGE, THE "MISSING PARTS" WILL APPEAR AND ON READING THAT YOU CAN FIND THE LINK. PLEASE DO IT, I'M HAVING SOME PROBLEM IN WATTPAD. THANK YOU]

I woke up after enjoying a superior amount of sleep at about 8.00 Am. I did wake up though during the middle of the night after having a nightmare. It was pretty disconcerting but it wasn't my first time since that one incident altered my life forever, so I was able to settle myself easily. I ran to the bathroom with my bladder exploding in pee and then followed the daily steps of brushing my teeth and taking a hot shower. A large grin stayed constant on my lips since the moment I woke up. It was obvious because I was going out with Niall, I mean, who wouldn't want to? But the more compelling reason was that it wasn't just some random guy I met. It was Niall, who made me laugh every moment since I met him. He made me happy which I craved for all this time. However, the strangest part was that, I had known him only for three days. I guess when you can relate to someone then the number of days, months or years you have known that person doesn't matter rather the depth and strength of the bonding does.

It was a Sunday and since I was going out with Niall in the evening, I had to work in the morning shift from 10.00 Am, which is when the ice - cream parlor opened. My happy mood prompted me to make Sandwiches, which I cooked the best among all the recipes that I knew. I switched on the television and watched some highlights show of the Australian Open.

I am a sports fanatic.

I placed vegetables, some tiny pieces of roasted chicken and lettuce on the bread before raining them with mayonnaise and ketchup. I poured some orange juice in my favorite glass that had a picture of a teddy-bear and dropped some ice-cubes in it. I took my mouth-watering breakfast on the couch, placed it on the centre table and munched on it. The tender pieces of chicken burst into flavors inside my mouth as I said to myself,” Heaven”. The cold yet tasty juice perfectly complimented the sandwich.

After finishing the enticing food, I washed the utensils and set them inside the rack. It was 8.45 Am already and I had to get ready to leave at 9.30 Am for work. I washed my mouth and drank some water before entering my room. I opened my wardrobe and found myself at the face of the biggest trouble of my life- CHOOSING WHAT TO WEAR. Generally, I would slip into my normal jeans and tops or shirts for a change, but today was different. I was going out with Niall even though I wasn't expecting for anything to happen or wanted anything to happen, whatsoever, I wanted to look good. I scanned my dresses that were arranged neatly.

Skirts with stockings? Nah…..too boring.

LBD with stockings? I'm not that classy.

Pants? I'm only 20.

Then what? Arghhhh……

After 15 minutes of patient thinking, my eyes suddenly fell on a black jumpsuit that Mrs. Gandhi gave me on my birthday last year. I saved it for a nice occasion but nothing appeared of that sort. Today’s event was perfect for it. It was warm enough to guard me from the cold and it was elegant as well. I drew it from deep inside the wardrobe. It was a full jumpsuit with criss-crossed open back and deep V-neck extending beneath my chest. I wore a half-sleeved white top first before slipping into the suit. I dangled a long silver chain around my neck. I tied my hair into a pony-tail. I dumped all the required stuffs inside my bag along with eye-liners, mascara and lip-gloss which I planned to apply before leaving from work. I slipped the watch down my left wrist before wrapping my feet in a black wedge-heel shoe. I took my mobile and left the apartment locking it behind me.

It was sharp 10.00 Am when I reached the ice-cream parlor. No sooner did I enter the place than all the attention turned to me. No one probably saw me in this attire and style ever before. I smiled discreetly as I tried to conceal my face that was blossoming into pink. I went inside the counter and wrapped the apron around me before dumping my bag in the employee’s room. I saw Vicky staring at me with big wide eyes. I remembered how I had a slight crush on him during the earlier days after I joined this place.