Chapter 31

“You need to come to my house someday; I've so much to tell you.” Rita said.

“Really? Like what?” I asked as I covered the bowl of dal (a sort of soup) and another bowl of vegetable curry with lids.

“Ahhmm….Like about someone I met in work.” She giggled.

“Shut up, really? How is he?” I asked as I opened the refrigerator and fetched out a chilled water bottle.

“He seems pretty nice so far.”

“Did he ask you out or what?” I inquired as I walked into my room.

“He did….finally after four meetings.”

“Cool, where are you guys going and when?” I interrogated as I sat on the chair before my computer table.

“We are going out for a movie and then dinner on Sunday.”

“I hope everything goes well. What does he do by the way?”

“He is a chartered accountant.”

“Chartered accountant? How old is he?” I inquired with furrowed eye-brows.

“Ahhmm…please don’t judge me.”

“Okay”

“33”

“What? 12 years older than you?”

“It doesn't matter. Our mentalities match and I really like him.” Rita defended her choice.

“I don’t get it but anyway.” I shrugged.

“He is nice and polite; if you meet him you’ll like him too.”

“Ohhkaayyy…..Anyway, give me every detail later. I gotta go now, bye.” I said.

“Sure, bye.” Rita retorted as we both hung up.

33? What is wrong with her?

I drove aside the thought about Rita as I logged into my gmail account to check today’s work assignments.

“Two written and two edits. That’s fine.” I muttered to myself.

I opened MS-Word and commenced to write first before editing.

With college nearing its end, the days have become very hectic now. It was even more straining for me given that I had a job of myself. Writing or editing on a regular basis requires a fresh and clean head in order to encourage you to come up with new and interesting ideas. However, my head was now engaged with nothing but the semesters. The thought of finally graduating and finishing my education excited me to the utmost. I could already smell the aroma of freedom that would engulf my life once I graduate. A new life was waiting for me and not to forget with the presence of Niall.

I looked at the clock on the monitor and checked that it was 9.00 Pm sharp.

Shit….I got late tonight.

I grumbled on my own as I mailed my works to my boss. I stretched my arms sideways as far as I could in order to push away my fatigue. Suddenly, my eyes fell on an advertisement that was being flashed on the monitor. It featured a Ray farer shades exactly like the ones, I saw Niall wearing in almost every picture he showed me. I remembered him saying that he lost them the day he arrived in Calcutta. I immediately decided to buy him those. I haven’t ever given him anything except for the wrist band. I clicked on the advertisement as a new page opened instantly. It was Flipkart.com which is one of India’s biggest online shopping sites. I never did online shopping but I was accustomed with the names of the sites from watching advertisements in television. The image of the shades appeared on my screen as I zoomed in and saw it nicely.