Chapter 34

“Don’t forget to collect your admit cards from Principal’s office after the college.” Madam Natasha informed us right before leaving.

“Finally some fun for the day.” Niall gasped as he stretched his arms.

“What do you mean?” I asked tilting my head.

Just then Madam Priyanka entered the classroom. Niall eyed me to her and retorted,” Her”

I rolled my eyes and looked away.

She thumped her books on the table before her and occupied the chair.

“Good afternoon everyone. I reckon you all are pretty sad about today.” She said.

Several “Yes, madam”, “A lot, madam” and many more burst into the room.

“Fine, how about we quit studying today and just talk?” She inquired.

Yet again collective voices speaking “Yes, madam”, “Sure, madam” broke out in the room.

“Okay, let’s start with you Kaya. Tell me what will you miss the most about college life?” Madam Priyanka asked.

“I’ll miss everything madam. I’ll miss the study sessions with my friends, hangouts, lunch-hours and of course the college itself. This desk and my seat and non-stop writing until my hand feel numb. Just everything.” Kaya responded. Her voice very low reflecting her sorrows.

“Hmm….this is normal.” Madam Priyanka said.

She went on to ask this same question to each and everyone around the class. The answers however, weren't much different except in cases of the boys who weren't so emotional while describing. For example, when Zaid was asked he was straight forward enough to say,” The delicious foods of the canteen and football.” He was an active football player and represented our college in many inter-college football tournaments both in state as well as national level.

Niall clapped the loudest to cheer on Zaid when everyone cracked into laughter hearing his answer. It was obvious because even he would miss the food as desperately as Zaid mentioned.

John who was an Anglo-Indian like Sir Vincent said,” I’ll miss having nice laughs with my friends.” He had a big group of friends among which one girl namely Garima was his girlfriend as far as I assumed from their closeness.

Garima on the other hand when asked was really sweet with her answer. She said,” I’ll miss dressing up nicely every morning, the long metro rides with my friends, skipping college…” at this part everyone sighed and looked at Madam Priyanka but she seemed pretty comfortable with this confession of her. “Hangouts and just every little thing.”

“What a fake innocent bimbo.” Niall said looking at Garima as she finished her answer.

“Why? She seems sweet.” I asked.

“Oh…please. Dressing up nicely every morning? Attention seeker.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Sometimes I really don’t understand how his brain works.

Finally, the question rolled onto me and Niall. I was the first one to go for it. I had so much to say which was very unusual actually because I never really liked this college. It was a part of a forced plan that I had to undergo in order to suit my broken life after I lost my family. However, Niall came and turned things around completely.

I swallowed and said,” I’ll miss everything.”

I decided to keep it short, really short.

“Like what?” Madam Priyanka interrogated.