Chapter 46

“I came here to see you.” I retorted straight away.

His furrowed eye-brows prevailed along with his mouth which now opened slightly. I didn't break my gaze from him even though the image of him pained me immensely. He swallowed after a few seconds and opened his mouth to say something but I intervened.

“Can I come in?” I asked. My mind was burning with curiosity to see the condition of his apartment and also to check if what Greg said about him drinking was true or false.

He paused for awhile before replying,” Yes” He opened the door wide open and gestured me to come inside.

I nodded and went inside as he shut the door behind me. I opened my shoes and looked around the whole flat as everything looked perfectly normal and exactly like I knew it to be. As my eyes met with Niall’s, I caught him standing with nothing but bewildered eyes staring at me in an attempt to look for an answer about my sudden visit after a month. I wet my lips with my tongue as I decided to clear his confusion.

“I needed to see if you were okay.” I said bowing my head down.

“Suddenly? After a month?” His tone bored a considerable amount of chuckle.

“Ahhmm….. Yes.” My head was still bowed down.

“Okay, this doesn't feel right. Tell me the real reason.” He shook his head and came towards me before sitting on the couch.

“What real reason?” I inquired bringing my eye-brows closer to one another.

“Tell me your exact reason for coming here? I can’t buy that you came here all the way just to see me all of a sudden after a month.”

“Well, if you don’t believe then that’s your call but I know it’s the only truth.” I responded as I kept my bag on the couch and walked towards his kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator and the upper and lower cabinets to see if he has any foods. I found almost everything that was needed along with something that wasn't expected. It was a big beer bottle. Noticing it demonstrated Greg’s statement about Niall drinking. It wasn't that I had any problem with people drinking but I knew that he was becoming alcoholic. I was shattered into pieces and blamed myself entirely for doing this to him. I never thought that Niall who has bedded strings of women would suffer so much after a break up. I knew he loved me and with me it was different but little did I know about this consequence. Moreover after seeing him laughing at me with such great mockery, I didn't expect this turn of event. I thought he moved on but knowing now that not only he didn't he was actually going through hell, I felt extremely heartbroken. It was even more insufferable than it was before meeting him at the Music World.

“What the hell you think you’re doing?” He almost screamed getting up from the couch and looking at me.

“I can ask the same question to you.” I responded immediately holding the beer bottle in my hand.

“No you can’t. You've lost that right.” He retorted turning around.

I kept the bottle back inside the cabinet and jogged out of the kitchen towards him. I turned him around again to face me by grabbing his right forearm. His biceps and triceps were hardly there with only bones and some flesh on them.

“Yes, I can. I can’t see you like this. Look at yourself, what have you done?” I battled back sobs as I shouted.

“Why the fuck do you care so much? You left me, you turned your back when I begged to you hence; you don’t have any right to say anything now.”He shouted back.

“Yes, I have. I have because I fucking still love you and I can’t see you like this. I can’t…..I just can’t.” I grabbed his tee and broke down into tears.