Chapter 14

Valentine’s Day has never meant anything to me. I just didn't see any reason to celebrate love so extra grandly on just this one day. I believe if you’re in love, everyday can be celebrated like a Valentine’s Day. However, all of my theories and principles got drenched entirely, as I found myself abundantly excited and joyous for tonight’s date with Niall. I wanted it to be imperfectly perfect.

I soaked in the fresh air of morning as I woke up at 9.00 Am. It was a Sunday which meant no college but a lot of studies and my job assignments of course. It didn't tire me though as I was all pumped up to plunge into every work with the happiness in me providing energy. I went to the bathroom to pee and then followed it up with brushing my teeth and taking a shower. I washed my long brunette hair and used a little extra of my L’Oreal conditioner as it smelt good. On drying my hair, I went to the kitchen to take some cereals and milk in a bowl and decided to study till noon. I came back to my room and placed the bowl on my computer table as I heard the message tone of my mobile ring. I grabbed my mobile from under my pillow and unlocked the screen to see that it was from Niall. I opened it to read.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, baby. Can’t wait to see you tonight.”

An obvious smile writhed up on my lips as I read the message. I typed in my reply and sent it. It read,” Happy Valentine’s Day to you too. I'm also excited much.”

He replied soon by saying,” I’ll make it perfect, this time.”

I typed in and sent,” Even if you don’t, I’ll still love it.”

He replied,” Now I'm missing you even more.”

I sent,” Keep missing me for a few more hours. I have to study now, bye.

P.S: I miss you too, baby.”

He replied finally,” Bye, have fun studying.”

I tossed the mobile on the bed, grabbed the bowl of cereals from the computer table and sat on my bed with my text book and copy to study. Eruptions of anticipatory thoughts started to distract me but I kept my calm and firmly concentrated on Look Back in Anger.

Anyway, after long hours of dealing with Jimmy and Alison’s indefinable love story, it was finally time for me to cease studying and prepare lunch for myself. I climbed down from my bed and jogged up to the kitchen. On opening the refrigerator, I was stunned to see that it was almost empty. I dragged the vegetable’s basket to see only a few cauliflowers were left along with some chillies and corianders. I planned to make some rice, dal (a sort of soup) and cauliflower and potatoes curry which I learnt from my mother. I switched on the television and then started to cut cauliflowers and potatoes.

After an hour as the clock struck 2.00 Pm, my lunch was ready. I put the foods in a plate and took them with me as I went towards the couch to sit on it. I browsed the channels and settled on Star World, that was playing The Big Bang Theory. BBT has always been one of my favorite shows after Friends, of course. Dr. Sheldon Cooper could arguably be the most charming guy the nerd community has ever seen. I could marry him even if it meant getting insulted and undermined by him for the rest of my life. I laughed through the marathon playing of season 4 as I finished my lunch. I went to the kitchen and dumped the plate and spoon into the sink as I went to the bathroom to wash my mouth. After coming out, I switched off the television and switched on the computer in my room to check the topic of my assignment for today. On opening my gmail account, I was shocked to see that I was given to write two assignments and edit one. However, what shocked me even more was the time which was cut down to 8.00 Pm from the usual 9.00 Pm one. I looked at the clock on the desktop of the monitor and saw that it was already 2.45 Pm. I knew it was easier said than done to write two articles and edit one in five hours and fifteen minutes hence, without wasting any more time, I sat on my chair and started writing my assignments.