Chapter 22

One week later

“So Harry is the youngest one among the five of you?” I interrogated as Niall and I walked down the stairs of our college heading towards the gateway.

“Yes. He was born on 1st February, 1992 just a month later of Zayn.” Niall answered.

“When is Zayn’s birthday?”

“12th January, 1992”

“I see”

“Liam and I were born two weeks apart. Sick.” Niall laughed.

“Oh when?”

“His birthday is on 29th August, 1991 and mine is 13th September, 1991.”

“Oh, it’s good to know your birthday.” I smiled.

“Why?”

“Why? You’re my boyfriend, I should know.” My eyes became wide-apart.

He laughed out loud.

“And what about Louis?” I inquired as we finally exited college and stood before the main gate.

“His birthday is on 24th December, 1991.”

“Okay” I said smiling widely.

Just then my mobile’s message alert tone rang and I drew it out from my jeans’ pocket. As I unlocked the screen, I saw a message from HSBC bank where I’ve my own and sole bank account that my father created for me after I turned eighteen. I opened the message to read it.

“Dear customer, your account XXXXX187605 has been credited with INR 9000 on 11/03/2012 at 2.30 Pm- The Walk. Available balance in your account is INR 2, 03,795 as of 11/03/2012.”

I immediately realized that I have been paid with my first salary from “The Walk”. My mouth remained wide open and my eyes wide apart. I screamed out a sigh of extreme happiness as I jumped onto Niall’s arms. I didn’t give a damn about the people around us and the PDA I was involved in, I just had to hug him. Niall however was completely befuddled at my sudden change of mood. He held me by my waist with his arms as he asked me loudly into my ears,” What happened? What happened?”

I giggled and screamed an,” Ahhh” as I pulled myself away from him.

“My first salary from The Walk. HSBC bank sent me a message of a new credited amount of 9000 rupees. I’m soooo fucking happy.” I laughed like a mad-house escapee.

“Oh they did?” Niall asked with his mouth wide open too now.

“Ahh haa”

“Oh Lily, I’m so proud and happy for you, baby.” He said as his left hand travelled to rest on the side of my right shoulder.

“I owe this whole achievement to you. If you hadn’t been there I wouldn’t have found this job on the first place.” I smiled as I held his left hand by my right.

“Okay, I get it.” He smiled.

“Hey, let’s celebrate.” I snapped with excited eyes.

“Okay, where do you wanna go?”

I paused for awhile before saying,” How about Marvin’s Ice-Cream Plaza?” and raised my eye-brows.

“Ahh haa. Nice choice Thomson, let’s go.” He winked.

We walked across the street and waited for the bus. Our hands clung together firmly as bundles of happiness and elation ran through every cell of my body. After awhile the bus arrived that was semi-crowded. We boarded it and walked inside freely. We grabbed two empty seats by the window with me taking the window seat and Niall sitting beside me. I looked outside through the window when Niall’s voice addressed me by my name.