Chapter 23

“I still can’t believe it’s been one month.” I smiled with utmost delight.

“Me neither. I mean, how did I spend one whole month with a stupid girl like you?” He chuckled.

“Shut up”

He laughed out loud.

“But considering you cook really well and share interest with me in Friends and One Tree Hill, I can say it wasn't that nasty.” His chuckle continued.

“I'm gonna deal with you later, Mr. Niall Horan.” I squinted my eyes.

He laughed again before saying,” Jokes apart, this has been the best one-month of my life. I've never been so content ever before.”

“Same here” I ran out of words as I was chuffed to bits hearing Niall’s words.

“Anyway, I'm gonna meet you at 9.30 Pm then.”

“Yes” I smiled.

“I can’t wait to see you.”

“And I can’t wait to see you.”

“Bye, baby.”

“Bye” I said as we both hung up.

I sighed and made my way towards my room to start writing for my work assignments for today. I was given to write three articles again with the deadline being 9.00 Pm. However, I had to finish by 8.30 Pm at most as I planned to cook dinner for Niall and mine one-month anniversary.

Yes, we completed one month as a couple.

It is 13th March today exactly one month after I revealed Niall the truth about my life standing on that bridge in the park and shared that beautiful kiss beneath the stars. We did kiss the night before when we first spent a night together but the kiss on the bridge meant a lot. It had more feelings and no secrets holding us back. We have come a long way in this one month with the highlighting factor being me realizing that I'm unconditionally in love with him. However, a lot was yet to unravel and I was excited as hell to dig into it.

On reaching my room, I sat on my chair before the computer table and opened MS-Word. I typed the heading of the first article that read,” Top 10 Bridal Looks Every Girl Dreams Of” and commenced to write.

A long and never ending road lay before me. I looked around and saw nothing but blue sky engulfing the narrow stretch. I swallowed as tiny droplets of sweat dripped from my forehead and rolled down the sides of my cheeks. I rubbed off the sweat as I moved forward. The heels of my pumps made a striking noise on the pitched path.

“Where is everybody? Why can’t I see any of them?” I muttered under my breath.

“Mom? Dad? Jenny? Where are you all?” I screamed as fear engulfed my heart and mind.

I continued walking in a slow pace which soon changed into a moderate pace and even before I knew, I was running. The red pumps were dangling from my fingers as I pumped my fists and ran as fast as I could.

“Something gotta be wrong. I need to find my family.” I said as my voice cracked due to a lump being formed inside my throat.

I ran and ran and ran before reaching an open field. It was a little dark and enormous in size that made me feel like a little ant.

“Mom? Dad? Jenny? Where are you all?” I screamed again a little louder this time.

I moved my hand in the dark trying to figure out where I was but couldn't decipher anything. Suddenly I fell down and my hands touched something that felt like human bodies. I shifted my hands from here and there to confirm my assumption. As I went a little closer to the assumed bodies, the sights shocked me to the extreme and I stood up with my right palm covering my face. My eyes were wide apart and mouth wide open. They were the dead bodies of my family. My parents and my little sister, Jenny.