Chapter 27

“You know, Rita once said me that you’re gonna ruin my life. I now realize that she was so right.” I chuckled as Niall and I exited college.

“Am I ruining it for good or bad?” He raised his left eye-brow.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged and looked away.

Niall laughed out loud and held my right hand by his left as we stood for the bus to arrive.

I was going to spend the weekends at his house. He insisted me a lot and I finally caved in. It’s not that I didn't want to but with us confessing our love to each other a week ago, it was pretty difficult for us to suppress the heat. However, I have never been quite successful in turning him down let alone so repeatedly hence, I agreed.

After waiting for about ten minutes a semi-crowded bus arrived. We boarded it and walked our ways through the crowd to grab two seats by the window. Niall sat beside the window for a change and I occupied the seat adjacent to him. Suddenly, I saw Rita sitting diagonally to me. She was sleeping and had headphones in her ears. I left my seat briefly to pat on her right arm and occupied my seat again. She woke up and looked around in half-closed eyes to figure out who called her until her eyes fell on me.

“Hi, Lily. Where are you going?” She asked flaunting a big smile on her lips.

I eyed her to Niall and mouthed ‘his house’. Thankfully she was able to understand as she smirked at me. My heart was bursting to tell her about me and Niall. There was an empty seat beside her but I was unsure how Niall will feel if I leave him and sit with Rita. I looked at him and he smiled signalling that I can go without worrying about him. I smiled back and left my seat to sit beside Rita.

“Won’t he mind?” She asked with a bewildered face.

“No”

“Okay, so tell me how….”

I cut her and said,” I told him.”

“And? What did he say?” She asked excitedly.

“What do you think?”

“I guess, yes?”

I nodded.

“See, I told you that he loves you too. It was clearly visible.”

I smiled.

“I'm so happy for you.” Rita continued.

“I'm actually happy.” I responded.

“So, where are you guys going?” She asked as her eyes fell on the big bag that hung on my shoulder.

“Ahhmm….I'm gonna spend the weekends with him at his flat.” I answered looking down as I tucked my hairs behind my ear.

“Ohkayyyy….I see.” She teased me just like I expected.

I blushed before changing the topic of conversation and asking her,” So where are you going now? Shouldn't you be at Marvin’s now?”

“Ahhmm….I quit Marvin’s a few days back.”

“You did? That’s awesome.” I got very excited.

She smiled and nodded before responding,” I'm going for a job interview of a receptionist in a dental clinic. It’s in Tollygunge and pays 10000 rupees per month.”

“See, I told you there are a hell lot of jobs you can get without college degrees.” I kept my right palm on her left shoulder.

“Yes and I’ll tutor little kids too in the evening. In that way I’ll earn enough money to support me and my brother.”