Chapter 5

[NOTE: AFTER REACHING 2ND PAGE WHEN YOU DON'T FIND LINK BETWEEN IT AND THE 1ST, THEN DON'T GET ANGRY......JUST IMMEDIATELY GO BACK TO THE 1ST PAGE, THE "MISSING PARTS" WILL APPEAR AND ON READING THAT YOU CAN FIND THE LINK. PLEASE DO IT, I'M HAVING SOME PROBLEM IN WATTPAD. THANK YOU]

I jumped up and sat perched on my bed at the ringing of my phone. I scrambled for it as I found it under my pillow. I unlocked the screen to notice that it was the stupid alarm. Rihanna’s song “Don’t stop the music” which was my alarm song was ironically fit for the situation as all I wanted to do then was to stop the music. I dismissed the alarm and thumped my head on the pillow making an “Mmmmm” sound. It was 10.30 Am but I was still very sleepy as I went to bed at 4 in the morning after studying the whole night rather studying while trying to NOT think about Niall. I was supposed to submit my assignment for Sir Vincent’s class today. I wrote a travel account on my visit to Shillong as I said to Niall that day. I printed the entire assignment in nice white papers using my favorite blue color for the heading and favorite font face for the body. I put the four pages long account in a file and arranged it from beforehand last night. I consumed some cereals and got ready within 20 minutes. I locked my apartment and took the elevator to go down. As I stepped out on the road, to my amaze I felt how warm the temperature was. However, this was normal in Calcutta. The temperature fluctuated from very cold to warm and vice-versa during the end weeks of January.

Anyway, I reached college at 11.15 Am, just five minutes before the commencement of the first class. I went up to my classroom and took my usual place at the back. However, Niall wasn't there. I looked around the classroom but he was nowhere to be spotted. I couldn't decipher the reason as I saw him even yesterday and he didn't tell me anything about skipping college. Madam Priyanka arrived soon, looking as pretty as she does always. My eyes kept shifting at the door but after 10 minutes passed away, I realized that he might not come today at all. Just then, I heard a familiar voice, coming from the door. I looked up and noticed Niall standing at the door trying to breathe. He was wearing a loose fitting blue full-sleeved tee and dark denims. His hair was brushed back perfectly to settle the quiff. A teeny black bag hung loose around his shoulders.

“May…..May I come in Madam?” He panted.

“Yes. You’re late.”

“I'm sorry” He apologized as he entered the class and started walking towards me.

“Wait. So you’re the boy who came from Manchester University?” Madam stopped him.

“Yes, I am.”

“Okay. Go sit now.” She scanned his whole body and said.

He came and occupied his usual seat. I tried to ask him the reason for being so late but the lecturer kept staring at him. Suddenly, Niall nudged me and gestured to share my book with him. I remembered that he doesn't own the “Look Back in Anger” book. I turned a bit towards him and kept the book on the edges of my table making enough space to keep my copy where I scribbled notes from every class.

“Why is she staring at me?” Niall suddenly whispered in my ear.

“Who?”

“The lecturer”

“Oh ya. I don’t know.”

“Hmmm….I guess older women have a thing for me. This is not my first time though.” He smirked and winked.

I was completely astonished. I wanted to ask him what he meant but the constant fix of big pair of dark eyes of Madam Priyanka on Niall made it impossible. She was gazing at him like a tiger eyeing its prey.

As soon as the class ended, I turned to Niall and almost screamed to ask,” What did you mean by ‘This is not my first time’?”

He covered his ears with his fingers while rolling his eyes and retorted,” I meant that this is not the first time that I've been the love interest of someone quite older than me.”