Chapter 17

With our final semester a little longer than a month away, studies started to rule our lives. I was having a tough time due to my job which required me to write two articles everyday now. However, I never lost my zest to do whatever I do with the utmost perfection hence; I managed to balance both quite impressively. Another factor that boosted me up was my relationship with Niall. I was so freaking happy. In fact, to be honest he was the reason I started to laugh again and basically live my life again. His invincible belief in me and inevitable capacity to encourage me made me like him even more and more.

It was a nice Wednesday night. I was walking down the street towards Niall’s building. We decided to study together at his house for the night. Spending the night at my apartment wasn’t an option in any way as the occupants weren’t as care-free as that of Niall’s building. Moreover, except Mr. and Mrs. Gandhi nobody liked me either hence; I didn’t want them to start talking shit about Niall too. They would obviously think I was giving him sexual service during his stay in India and not try to deduce the real depth of our feelings for each other. It’s not that I cared, I didn’t but I do care for Niall and I didn’t want him to feel like someone who is using me.

It was 9.00 Pm sharp when I rang the door-bell of Niall’s apartment. Kumar flashed me his wide smile seeing me as he munched on some samosas (Indian snack) and tea. I leaned against the wall with the big bag hanging on my hand. I bought clothes, books and my copy in it. After a few minutes, Niall opened the door. He wore a white sleeveless tee and deep blue shorts.

“Hello” He smiled.

“Hey” I replied bluntly and entered his house.

“What happened?” He asked as I opened my shoes and sat on the couch.

“Nothing, I’m just feeling a bit sick.”

Niall quickly came and sat beside me. He rubbed his hands over both of my arms and then my forehead to check if I have fever.

“I don’t have fever. It’s my back that has been aching like hell since I came home from college today.”

“Why?” His voice reflected deep concern.

“It’s nothing serious, chill. Maybe after getting a nice sleep, I’ll be fine.”

“We don’t need to study tonight then. You’re gonna sleep early.”

“No way. We need to study.” I almost screamed.

“But baby….”

I cut him and retorted,” I’m fine, okay?” I kissed on his lips and continued,” What’s for dinner by the way?”

“Spaghetti” He replied as he got up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen.

“Wow, I love them.” I smiled as I switched on the television.

“By the way, what do you wanna study? I mean drama or poetries?” Niall interrogated.

“Poetries, I bought my poetry book only.” I retorted as I was deeply busy in watching One Tree Hill that was on in Star World.

“Good, I needed some help with Preludes.”

I showed him thumbs up.

After a few good minutes when Niall was done with his cooking, he came and sat beside me. His left arm climbed around my shoulder.

“Tell me when you’re hungry.” He said.

I looked at him and nodded as a grin developed on my lips.

“One Tree Hill is my favorite series of all time.” He gasped.

“Really?”

“Yes. I love the theme and story-line.”