Chapter 37

I woke up in the morning feeling immensely complacent. I blinked my eyes rapidly and moved my body discreetly. I found Niall’s left arm across my stomach as his face was buried in the corner of my neck. I found myself in a white vest of him and he was bare-bodied wearing only his Calvin Klein white underwear. His pink pudgy lips looked very full and thick as they quivered slowly from the exhalation of breath. My eyes rotated from his messy hairs to his bare and white back as several marks of nail scratches came to my sight. They weren't very red or deep but simple minor scratches. I rubbed my fingers softly over them as Niall produced a grin on his lips.

“Are you awake?” I inquired.

“Hmmm…” He hummed with the grin intact.

I smiled and continued rubbing over the scratches. Niall’s press over my stomach increased as he deeply kissed my left cheek by scooping his head up from the corner of my neck. I smiled as he rolled over and propped up on his elbow facing me.

“Good morning” I said.

“Good morning” He replied.

“So do I still bore you?” He smirked.

“You couldn't let that go, huh?” I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“You undermined the thing I'm best at; of course I couldn't let it go.” His smirks continued.

“Who said you’re best at this?” I chuckled.

“Oh, am I not?” He leaned closer to my lips but I pushed him away.

“I don’t have anyone to compare you with.”

His eyes became wide-apart and mouth wide-open as he retorted,” You’re talking my words now.”

“Please, I'm very original.” I said and looked away with a tiny one-sided smile.

He laughed and pulled me closer to him. His soft skin was cold a bit compared to the extreme heat that was oozing from it last night when we made the most passionate love from all the times we had sex. Every time he held my bare-body close to him, the images from that nightmare of mine flashed before my eyes. Every time we kissed, I was afraid to close my eyes. I held him as close as I could, in the fear that the moment I open my eyes he would be gone just like the nightmare showed. Every time, he said he loves me I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. It was all related to the nightmare and more specifically to the realization that I now knew the meaning of it. I could now understand what did Niall’s sudden disappearance in my nightmare mean. He would obviously leave India and never come back. However, my heart wasn't ready to admit that Niall would give up on our love so easily. I trusted him too much to believe this but I couldn't have shoved away the fact either, which was he would be returning to Manchester. He would be leaving Calcutta and I would be left all alone yet again. This thought crumbled me from inside. I got exhausted at the anticipation of struggling again. The silver lining that appeared close seemed so far off now.

“Lily?” Niall asked.

“Yes” I replied.

“Do you remember my dream where I saw us having sex on my couch and dining table?”

“Ahh haa”

“Well, I saw something else too in the dream.”

“What?” I asked with both curiosity and fear soon engulfing my mind.

“I saw us as 80 year olds sitting on a sea-beach while drinking coffee.” He smiled.

“Really?” I was very happy.

“Yes. I don’t remember much but I do remember you looking just as beautiful as you are now.”

I turned crimson as my heart pounded.