Chapter 52

Waking up next to Niall for the very last time felt both painful and annoying. Painful because I couldn’t afford to be a second without him but I had to and annoying because I loathed the situation in our lives, detested that with both of us having such tough lives; we still had to go through even more struggles and hurdles. I wanted to hold him close to me and never let him go. I was being very mature about Niall leaving till yesterday but now it felt extremely excruciating. Even though I had a very nice sleep yesterday night after quite a while the moment I opened my eyes and realized that it’s the final morning I’ve with Niall, my heart crumbled into several pieces.

I woke up a few seconds before Niall as I watched him sleep peacefully beside me. His dense eye-lashes canvassed his eyes which looked beautiful even being closed. His pink pudgy lips quivered as he exhaled breaths slowly. Watching him beside me reminded me that I’ve to wake him up only to see him leave. This thought instantaneously produced a lump inside my throat as a teeny-tiny tear dropped from my right eye on his left eye. He blinked rapidly as he perceived some form of liquid on his face. He rubbed it off with his left hand as he somehow opened his eyes and looked at me.

“Lily?” He said as he straight away sat on the bed before making me sit beside him as well.

I shook my head as my lips quivered while I battled back tears.

“Please, Lily don’t do this. You know I can’t see you cry.” He cupped my face within his palms.

I nodded as I put my trembling lips in between my teeth. Niall embraced me in his warm arms very tightly as I threw my arms around his neck. The touch of his skin on me provoked me to the utmost and I couldn’t hold my tears back anymore as I wept ceaselessly while burying my face in the crook of his neck. He rubbed circles on my back as he muttered “I love you” constantly in my left ear. I pulled away after a few seconds.

“This is not going to end, okay? This is just the start for us, baby.” Niall smiled as he wiped away the tears from my face using his thumbs before landing a deep kiss on my forehead.

I smiled and nodded as I sniffed. We both stepped down from the bed.

“What is the time now?” I inquired with a hoarse voice.

“Ahhmm…..6.15 Am.” He replied after checking from his mobile.

“Hmm…..” I said as I looked down at the floor thinking whether Niall still kept the blue brush that he gave me

“Here, you want this; right?” He smiled as he stretched his hand holding the blue brush.

“You kept this?” I smiled as I grabbed the brush.

“Of course, how can I throw anything away that was used by you?” He smiled back.

I smiled from ear to ear as I entered the bathroom grabbing my dress and bra as well from the wardrobe. I freshened up and changed into the dress as I exited the bathroom. Niall entered the bathroom soon as he freshened up too. I folded the white brief of his that I wore all night long and kept it at the edge of the bed. On exiting, Niall put his and my brushes along with the toothpaste tube that I kept in the bathroom inside the side pocket of his suitcase. He fetched his red tee and biscuit colored pants as he stripped down to only his underwear. I smirked looking at him as he smirked back at me. He changed into the tee and the pants as he clumsily brushed his hair using his fingers. I folded the blue shorts he opened and unzipped the suitcase again as I laid it along with the brief on the robes.

“Niall, you gotta help me here.” I said as I struggled to zip off the suitcase like Niall did last night.

“Could you hop on top of it like last night again?” He smiled.