Chapter 36

“We need to go now.” I said in a very low voice as Niall’s breath fanned over my face.

“Hmm….” He hummed.

I smiled before saying again,” WE NEED TO GO NOW.”

“Ahhh….” He sighed and continued,” Yes, let’s go.”

We pulled away and strolled ahead towards the hall. I noticed that Zaid, Monica and others were already gone. Niall and I soon entered the hall. The right side of the place was lined with foods with catering boys standing before each item. I rotated my eyes to search for the cooking area but couldn't see. I assumed that it was taking place somewhere else in order to prevent the hall from getting suffocated and warm. Several people were exiting the hall with plates in their hands containing some appetizing foods while some were standing at the corner or at the left side and some just commenced to walk and choose their favorite item that they wanted on their plates. Niall and I walked towards the series of tables holding the various foods in rectangular shaped bowls. We grabbed two white plastic plates with napkins along with a spoon and fork. I perused the items and noticed that there were fish fries, salads, mustard, fried rice, chicken curry, chutney and chocolate ice-creams. My eyes dazzled at the sight of the chocolate ice-creams.

“Do you wanna grab an ice-cream cup first?” Niall asked noticing my excited eyes.

“That would be great.” I retorted.

He went towards the ice-cream tray and picked one cup up. While he came back, I took a little amount of every dish just the right quantity I would be able to eat. The memory of the day Niall and I went to Treats in Heaven and how I got a swollen stomach due to over-consumption haunted me hence; I was careful in not committing the same mistake again. I waited at the side as Niall also took every item with the quantities a little more than me.

“Do you wanna eat here?” He inquired.

I remembered a place.

“Come with me.” I instructed as I turned around and started to move towards the door.

“Where?” He followed me.

“Just quit questioning and come.”

We soon exited the hall and retrieved to the field again to find it crowded with students who enjoyed munching on their foods. I increased the pace of my walk and resumed strolling till I covered quite a large distance. I noticed the church before me. I smiled and grasped for air as I moved towards it and sat on the stairs of it. I eyed Niall as he moved ahead and occupied a place beside me while panting. We kept our plates on our laps as we swallowed in need of breath.

“Phewww….that was quite a long distance.” Niall gasped.

“Yes….now open the ice-cream, it’s starting to melt.” I said.

He quickly removed the paper cover from the cup and scooped out a big chunk of the ice-cream with the plastic spoon. He extended the spoon towards my lips as I smiled and took the chunk inside my mouth. I scooped out another big chunk and pushed it inside his mouth as we both giggled. We continued feeding each other until the frozen dessert was finished and our lips were smeared with chocolate ice-cream. Niall flaunted me his trademark smirk as he brought his face closer to me. I smiled and we both kissed deeply while licking off the ice-creams from each others’ lips. After pulling away, we both smiled as I bit my lower lip.

“Let’s eat now.” I advised as I took a bite of the fish fry.

“Oh man, this is so fucking awesome.” Niall said with furrowed eye-brows and closed eyes as he munched on the fish fry. One bite after the other along with the salads without ceasing to even swallow properly.