Chapter 44

“Oh my God, this is too funny.” I laughed while keeping my left hand on my stomach.

“Oh you find this funny? How about the time when a girl in my school got chased by a cow?” Aarav said.

I almost shouted out in laughter as I lied on the couch. I had stomach cramps and desperately tried to grasp for some breath.

“Why on earth did she get chased by a cow?” I laughed out loud again.

“I don’t know but I remember myself playing cricket on the school playground with my friends. Suddenly we heard this girl’s cry from a far distance and eventually saw her running towards us chased by a big white cow who you know…..made its iconic noises too.”

I burst into laughter before replying,” Didn't anyone help her?”

“Well, of course. The PE teacher became her rescuer but then he shared some of the cow’s vex too.”

“Woahh……really? What happened?”

“Ahhmm….it kind of attacked him until he ran inside the church. The cow got lost and so decided to leave the school.”

“Cow decided to leave the school? That’s so funny, I mean….like…..like what was it doing inside the school?”

“Maybe it got bored of chewing grass all the time.” He laughed attracting one massive from me too.

“Ahhh….my stomach is aching seriously.” I smiled.

“Imagine what went through me being one of the spectacles.”

“Not willing to imagine.” I laughed.

He paused for awhile before asking,” Hey, do you wanna go out today?”

“Now? It’s….” I turned back to take a glance at the wall clock and continued,” 4.00 Pm now. How could you….”

I was cut as Aarav said,” Not now. I was talking about night, after our works.”

“Ohh…..ahhmm…..ya, sure. Where do you wanna go?”

“Movie? There is one late night show of Vicky Donor in Forum.”

“The movie has received great reviews. Okay, I’ll go. What time is the show?”

“10.10 Pm”

“Okay, when shall I stay ready?” I inquired.

“I’ll inform you that later.”

“All right, you should hang up now. See you later.”

“Bye” He said.

“Yes, bye.” I smiled and hung up.

My graduation results weren't too late to be declared. The exact date was unknown but generally the results are declared during the mid-week of May which meant it could be either the middle or end of the forthcoming week. I wasn't that nervous about it because my examinations went pretty good. However, what bothered me was that the announcement of the results would signal Niall’s departure from Calcutta forever. No matter how hard I tried not to think about, it would eventually and somehow pop out in my head. It was obviously painful when I brooded over it deeply but for one thing I was grateful to God and that was bringing Aarav in my life. I was slowly but steadily becoming more and more comfortable with him. Now our phone calls weren't restricted only to nights after our works but randomly just any time and any moment of the day. It was also not down to him only as I called him too myself. I wouldn't say I was enjoying this new bonding to my heart’s content but I certainly wanted to. My efforts were becoming firmer with every passing second because I knew that by the time Niall’s departure date arrives if I become well comfortable with Aarav then the pain would obviously be less and easily absorbable. I wanted to let go of Niall and free myself.