[12]

Laila's POV

I quickly stand up straight. "I was just looking for socks."

He's not half naked this time. This time he's in a white robe, thankfully.

A look of amusement plays in his eyes as he slides his hand around my hips to the drawer at the bottom. Lo' and behold, all the socks a person can ask for.

"What have you prepared for me?" He asks.

I hand him the clothing pieces and point at the shoes I have chosen.

He nods in approval.

I let out a breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding in.

"And watch?" He asks.

I freeze, I was supposed to pick a watch? "I didn't pick one. I didn't know I was supposed to—"

"Well, you should get to it, then." He says in a dull tone.

I quickly make my way to the glass top island and look through the watches. In panic, I just grab a black Rolex that looks like it would suit him.

When I turn back around to show him, I shriek way too loud. He's literally changing right in front of me. The only thing covering his decency is his underwear.

"I'm so sorry!" I catch a glimpse of a small smirk playing on his lips before I quickly turn back to face the watches. I should've ran out of the closet but my mind literally shut down.

A second later, I could feel the presence of his chest a small inch away from my back, which makes my whole body go rigid.

"Don't be sorry, I don't mind at all." He leans down and whispers in a low tone in my right ear.

I place the watch on the countertop. "I'll wait for you outside."

As I was about to leave, he grabs a hold of my wrist and turns me around to face him. He traps my hand behind my back. I place my other hand on his hard, bare chest to try to push him away, however, that makes him pull me closer against his chest instead.

I gasp. "S-S-Sir, please—"

"Shhh." He silences me. He leans his face closer to mine, it's so close that our noses are inches apart and I feel his minty breath on me.

My heart begins thudding louder and louder, I swear you can see it beating because of how hard it's thudding. I look up to see his light hazel eyes now dark and filled with fury as if it's brewing up a storm.

I see him staring at my lips for a brief moment before tightening his grip on my arm making me squirm in discomfort.

"Do not speak unless spoken to. And most importantly, do not leave unless I give you permission to do so." His deep voice is booming with force. "Do you understand?"

I nod as I look anywhere but at him.

"Look at me." He demands.

I slowly look up to be met with his beautifully enraged eyes.

"I asked, do you understand?" He puts emphasis on the last word.

"Yes, Mr. Romano. I understand." My voice begins shaking.

He lets go of my arm and I take a few steps back. He puts on the clothes as I look down on the floor, still shaken from the prior event.

He lends out his wrist for me to clasp the watch on it.

As I fasten the watch on this wrist, my fingers touch his skin, making a small tingle go through my fingers. It was enough of a tingle to make me a jump slightly. But I ignore it and take a step back.