[23]

A/N: just wanted to let you guys know that I'll keep updating everyday until Monday bc of school! My school officially starts today but I only have two classes today & I don't have a class tomorrow. ☺️❣️

- - -

Alex's POV

I watch her carefully prepare a meal for me. I study her as she fumbles around my kitchen. Something about the way she acts is so enchanting. The way her nose crinkles when she doesn't find the ingredient she needs, the way she pouts trying to figure out how to turn on the stove, the way her eyes light up when she successfully puts the dish in the oven.

My restraint is only so strong, I wrap my arms around her waist from behind her. I feel her body stiffen for a few seconds before relaxing in my grip.

I press my lips against her soft ear. "You look so fucking irresistible when you're preparing to cook."

I know my words are impacting her, turning her on because she closes her legs closer together.

I place a soft, lasting kiss on her ear. "How do you expect me to hold back when you drive me insane so quickly?"

She squeezes her eyes shut, probably internally screaming at herself to stop herself from enjoying this.

But I won't let her stop the feeling, not until I want to stop it. I slide my hands down her hips, slowly and seductively. This makes an innocent moan escape her lips, making me hungry for more.

"S-stop. Dr. R-Romano, I can't—we c-can't. Dr. Miller won't—" She doesn't get to finish her sentence. I trail my fingers down her stomach making her gasp.

"Does my relationship with Olivia upset you, my kitten?" I ask in a husky voice.

The way her body is reacting to me is stimulating my body in ways I've never imagined. How long can I go without touching her further?

• • •

Laila's POV

I'm embarrassed at how he has me wrapped around his finger like a voodoo doll. I'm falling right into his arms without having an inch of control over myself.

"Does my relationship with Olivia upset you, my kitten?" His voice is low, almost dangerously inviting.

I don't answer because if I answer, it'll ruin me. If I answer, I'll be admitting to my own defeat. If I answer, he'll surely make me his in the most destructive ways.

He turns me around to face him, trapping me in between him and the counter. The way he's looking at me, it's as if he's staring into my soul. "Ms. Khan, I asked you a question. Does my relationship with Olivia upset you?" He asks again with an even deeper tone.

I squeeze my eyes shut, squirming uncomfortably in his grip. I'm not uncomfortable because of how close he is to but because of the question.

I couldn't hold it in, I couldn't keep myself from answering so I nod.

"Have you forgotten one of our rules? When you speak to me, I want it to be clear and concise." He pulls me closer to his chest, weakening my every muscle.