[42]

Laila's POV

"I mean, there's nothing wrong with marrying a doctor. I just didn't want to marry one." I don't know where I'm going with this conversation.

For a second, it scared me because he didn't answer.

"Why?" He asks softly as he continues brushing his fingers through my hair.

"I specifically didn't want to marry one who specializes in surgery and such because I know how busy they can get. I wanted to be able to spend regular time with my husband, instead of odd hours." I continue, knowing this topic isn't bothering him.

Might as well come out clean with everything while he's in a good mood. He should know what I wanted in a partner and relationship before I married him.

"My parents were keen on getting me a husband who would be from a medical background; the higher the level of education, the prouder they'd be. They'd be over-the-moon to know I married an exceptionally intelligent surgeon." My laugh comes out more gentle.

"Exceptionally intelligent and handsome." He smiles, melting my heart. "That's good to know and all but, is there something you'd really like to tell me?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Well, I also think some surgeons tend to have, Astagfirullah*... god-complexes. It can get a little maddening sometimes." I've always thought many, not all, surgeons have big egos.

"Do you think I portray the god complex behaviour?" He asks with amusement in his tone.

"Definitely." I answer almost immediately. My hands quickly cover my mouth.

"Is that what you think of me, Mrs. Romano?" He pins my hands down on the bed and hovers right on top of me.

A playful shriek escapes my lips from his sudden action.

"It's the truth, Mr. Romano." I grin.

He leans down until our noses touch.

"She's a feeling a little feisty today, I see." He says in a raspy voice.

I bite my lips, feeling my body heat up.

I'm sure my lip bite sent him over the edge because the hunger in his eyes are now, suddenly, extremely visible.

"You're so fucking irresistible, how do you expect me control myself?" He says, sending tingles down my whole body.

He crashes his lips onto mine, trying to satisfy his growing thirst. His lips are locked in place as if breaking off the kiss would make me disappear.

His hands slides down from my face, to my neck, making its way slowly down my body.

"Good afternoon!" The pilot says in the speaker system. "Mister and Missus Romano, if you could make your way to a seat and buckle up. We're going to land in 10 minutes."

Alex breaks away and groans, annoyed that the pilot had to make the announcement at this very moment.

I quickly slide off the bed, my cheeks are full blown red.

I grab my scarf and run out to the seats outside.

I buckle myself in and a few minutes later, Alex comes in fully dressed in his sweatpants and hoodie.

I should look through his hoodie collection and steal a few for myself because they look so comfortable...

He seats himself in front of me. I stare out the window and I'm really blown away.

"It's so beautiful outside!" I say with excitement.

"Did you figure out where we are yet?" He asks.