[68]

Alexander's POV

"You're in an extremely good mood. I'm terrified." Olivia says as she spins around in one of the chairs in my office.

Sometimes I wonder how her child-like mindset got her a PhD.

"Well, don't be terrified." I roll my eyes.

"Your mood is freaking people out at the hospital." She continues.

I raise a brow.

"They're trying not to get used to it because what if it's temporary?" She gives me a mocking smile.

"Who knows?" I say in a monotone while flipping through some documents.

I have been overly nice to everyone at the office. After telling Laila everything, I decided to meet up with my doctor in the psychology department of the hospital. We've worked out some things and created a plan for recovery.

Things are going good. I'm at the best place I've ever been, mentally and physically.

"It's lunch time! Eat your goddamn lunch! Talk to me! I'm bored!" She groans. "Laila is so much more fun." She mumbles under her breath.

"I heard that."

"Whatever. I'll go find something else to do." She sighs.

After Olivia leaves, I decide its time for me to do something that's long overdue.

I pick up the phone and click call on the number. "Hello, James. Do you have time after work today?"

• • •

Laila's POV

"I should tell Alex. It's better to tell him now, before he finds out from someone else." I talk to myself as I pace back and forth in our bedroom.

"Tell me what?" I hear Alex's voice from the doorway.

I whip my head towards the door. "Alex! When did you get home?"

"Just a few minutes ago." He places his suit on the chair.

"How was work?" I ask.

"Good, really good. How was school?" He asks me back.

"Good... you're in an extremely good mood, aren't you?" I smirk.

"Well..." he suddenly backs me against a wall, making me gasp slightly. "My wife did promise me some fun after work." He grins.

"Did I? I don't think I remember..." I tease him.

He leans down and as his lips make contact with the skin at the nape of my neck, I shiver. I wrap my arms around his shoulders as he softly kisses down my neck.

"Wait," I stop him. "I have something I need to tell you."

He abides and takes a step back.

"D-do the cameras in this room still record?" I ask.

His eyes widen. "Oh fuck, I forgot to turn them off and have someone uninstall them. I didn't mean—"

"I'm not asking because of that. I want to know if it's still recording." I say.

He nods in confusion.

"Where can we view the footage?" I ask.

"On my laptop. Do you want me to open it up?"

I nod. "Yes, please. I have to show you something."

He takes his out laptop from his briefcase and places it on the coffee table. I take a seat beside him on the couch as he opens up the footage of the exact time I told him to open.