[32]

A/N: last update for the week! See you guys next week, Insh'Allah! 🖤

- - -

Laila's POV

"I had a slight feeling there was something going on between you two..." Olivia smirks. "I left you two alone for two days and you guys are now getting married! Laila, you have to tell me your secret." She says.

I made him upset so he's going out of his way to tie me to him forever in order to make me sad forever.

I smile. "There's no secret. It kind of just... happened."

"Your wedding is so much fun! It's literally been going on for a week, making it so much more memorable. I'm glad I've got an experience this." She claps her hands excitedly.

Just as she promised, she attended my dholki and henna day, she even became one of the main helpers besides Maryam and Sophie.

"When I watched Alex say those things to you, I felt my own insides melt because of how sincere he sounded. He sounded so... vulnerable." She squeals and grabs my hands. "Your speech was absolutely beautiful. It really moved me to tears! I really felt every single word in my heart."

I couldn't help but feel giddy inside. Olivia is really genuine about everything.

"I know I only met you a few months ago but I want to make sure you're in my life for a long time. You're a great person, Laila. Alex is seriously lucky." Olivia gives me a hug.

"Awe, Olivia. I'm so honoured you think of me that way. You're a wonderful person too." I pat her back.

"So, you two getting married now or are we still going to Laila and Dr. Romano's wedding tonight?" Maryam teases us as she walks in the room.

"I don't think Alex would let me live alive long enough if I steal his bride." Olivia laughs.

Sophie walks in with my wedding dress. "It's time!" She says.

I sigh. In just a few hours, I'll really be his.

• • •

When I step out of the room, fully dressed up, all three of their eyes are wide and their jaws drop.

I'm wearing a lehenga*, which is heavily embroidered with silver all over it. The original used to have a long neckline and no sleeves. Sophie has it customized for my needs. The neckline is more covering and the sleeves are a three quarters, right below my elbow.

The kurti is extremely heavy in itself. It's completely covered in eccentric silver designs. The lehenga peaks out as more of a creamy pink. The scarf is also substantially weighty as it rests on my head and flows down my shoulder.

Walking in it will be mission because of how bulky it is.

"Mash'Allah! Oh my God, I don't think one Mash'Allah is going to cut it. I literally can't stop staring at you, you look absolutely stunning." Maryam couldn't stop complimenting me.

"I didn't think you could've topped your engagement outfit because that one looked heavy but damn, I was wrong! You topped that dress easily with this one. I'm actually drooling." Olivia eyes are sparkling looking at me.

"Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!" Sophie says delightfully.

I start blushing. "Thank you so much, guys. I went from looking like rags to riches because of all of you! Please be proud of yourselves."