[44]

Laila's POV

I couldn't believe we're flying back home today. I wish we could've spent an extra day or two more at the cabin.

These past few days were the best moments I've had with Alex. We literally became children with our games, childish behaviour, sneaky pranks, and so much more.

He taught me how to ski... well, kind of. I really couldn't get past the slipping and falling on my bum every couple of minutes.

He ended up having to tell me we couldn't keep going because I might end up seriously hurting myself.

I agreed. My bum was starting to really hurt.

We also took a hike in the forestry area, going on a little adventure until Alex got us lost and I found our way back home.

I can't trust him with a map again, whether that's digital or paper. He won't admit it, but he really doesn't know how to use one.

Of course, I took lots of pictures for the both of us. I found out that Alex can be a little camera shy. I did have to slightly force him to take pictures, whether it was just him or both of us together.

Honestly, I'm not even going to lie, if I had such a gorgeous face like his, I'd take pictures all the time.  But of course, not everyone is the same.

"I'm going to miss this place." I sigh as I pack my bag.

"Did you like it?" He asks.

"Very much." I answer with a bright smile.

"Then, it's yours. I'll have Sophie process the cabin under our name right away." He says it so casually.

It takes me a couple of seconds to process what he just said.

"Alex—I—wait, hold up! It's really fine. I don't need you to buy it. I enjoyed my stay here but I don't want you going out of your way to—"

"It's done." He says as he fiddles with his iPhone. "Sophie has already contacted the owner."

"Alex, oh my God, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness but I really can't accept this."

"You're my wife, Laila. You will never have to feel as if you can't have something. I will buy you the world, if I can." He says in a assertive tone.  

But I don't want the world, I just want to be loved by you.

I sigh. I found no reason in arguing with him because I knew I wouldn't win.

"Thank you, Alex. I'm grateful for this." I give him a weak smile.

"That's a good girl, no point in arguing with me. Now, pack quickly, we have an hour and a half drive back to the airport." He goes to the washroom to take a quick shower before we leave.

• • •

"Alex! You didn't forget anything, right?" I ask him, double-checking.

I get anxious when leaving hotels and such because I always think I left something behind.

"The cabin belongs to us now. Even if we forget something, we can come back whenever to pick it up." He says as if it's so easy.

I try not to roll my eyes. Life really did come easy to Alex.

We have the airport staff take our bags inside the airplane.

I sit at my usual seat in the plane, it's almost become a place in the aircraft where I like spending my time.

It's like when you choose a seat in the beginning of the school year, and it makes you anxious when someone else suddenly takes that seat.

Beautifully Disturbed | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें