[28]

A/N: Happy Saturday! I have so much school work to do, I'm dying. 🥺🥺🥺

- - -

Alexander's POV

There was once a thought I had where I felt quite uncomfortable thinking of her destruction but now I've moved past that. She walked out on me, disobeyed me, and made me look like a fool. And the kitten thinks she can just walk away unscathed?

She really thought walking away would be this easy when I've implemented my plan long before she left. This is just the beginning kitten, you still have some time left to spend with me.

She'll be destroyed by the time I'm done with her. She'll be disintegrated into nothing but a hollow shell because I'm not the hero of her story, oh no darling, I'm the villain who will make sure she won't make it out alive.

• • •

Laila's POV

I ended up calling an Uber from the airport for my ride home. I'm extremely exhausted, every bit of my energy is drained from my body. Moving my limbs is becoming painful and heavy because of how much of am emotional toll I been through.

I somehow manage to bring my luggage upstairs to my room. I quickly changed into my comfortable pyjamas and jumped right into bed. It's only 9 AM but I'm literally not waking up until tomorrow.

I send a text to Maryam, telling her I arrived safely. She messaged me about seven hours ago:

LAILA! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID WHAT I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO! WE'LL TALK WHEN I COME BACK FROM AMMI'S. Also, you've probably guessed I'm at mom's. I'm here until Friday, see you soon!

What is she talking about? I didn't do anything she told me not to do though.

I'm seriously sleepy so I decide to just go to bed instead of ask more questions. I'll call her after I take a 12 hour nap.

• • •

"Hello? Maryam?" I say into the phone, still a bit drowsy from my nap.

"Yes, who else would it be named soulmate as your contacts in your phone? Or have you replaced me already before your nikkah (wedding)?" She uses her sarcastic tone.

"My w-what?" I ask.

"I told you not to get married on the trip and you do exactly the opposite. At least you didn't end up lost or kidnapped..." She trails off.

I couldn't wrap my head around what she's trying to say. I'm so confused on top of being groggy from just waking up.

"Wait, Maryam. Who's nikkah? Who's getting married?" I rub my eyes, trying to be more awake.

"Don't play me right now! Yours, of course!" She equals excitedly. "I knew you and Dr. Romano were hiding something from me. His reaction to when I outed your fake engagement makes more sense now. Anyways, Ammi is ecstatic! He really went out of his way to announce it."

There's a throbbing in my head so loud that it feels like it'll explode. My vision begins to blur from feeling weak all of a sudden. I feel sick, I feel like throwing up.