New Student

Author POV

- "Y/n, there's a new student joining your class today." Says Mrs Lee

- "Oh really?" You say as she passes you his file.

You open the file and scan through his details.

Name: Kang Ye Jin
Age: 5 years old
Born: Gangnam National Hospital, Gangnam

You close the file and thank Mrs Lee and walk to your classroom to set up.

The morning starts and the classrooms begins to fill up with small children.

- "Alright, it looks like we have everyone here today. Good morning everyone" you say in your happy tone. The love you have for the children is undeniable and every year you feel like a third parent to these children that always manage to brighten your day.

- "Good morning Miss L/n" they say in unison.

- "Alright so today we have a new student joining us today" you voice as they all whisper with excitement.
"Ye Jin, come on in" you say as the little boy at the door comes in with his back pack half his size and Mrs Lee following after.

You get down on his level and put your arms around his small body.

- "Class, this is Kang Ye Jin and he's going to be joining our class from now on" you say, looking at him and smiling. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" You ask him as he just nods at you.

- "My name is Kang Ye Jin and I hope we all get along" he says as he bows. You give him a reassuring smile before turning back to the class.

- "I hope so too" you answer, "Ye Jin-ah, you can go sit next to Na Ri-ah over there" you tell him as you point your finger.

The new boy adapted well as he smiled at his class mates and was already making jokes. You couldn't help but smile at his cuteness. The day passes well and it's already time for the children to go home.

All the children go home one by one as their parents come and pick them up. Ye Jin is the only one standing by you as the other kids leave.

- "Ye Jin-ah, do you know who's going to pick you up?" You ask him as you get down to his level. He just shakes his head at you, feeling upset.

- "Its okay" you say to him, as you rub his back.

- "OH! There he is!!" Ye Jin says as he's already running off to the young man dressed in a suit looking very rich, as the young man swiftly picks him up in his arms.

You get up and turn your gaze to the man who was very young to be a father.

His features were clear, his jaw line was a sharp cut obtuse angle and his eyes were dark and piercing. His black wavy hair fell perfectly to his face making him look pretty much like a vampire. His skin complexion was soft. His body looking very muscular in the suit.

You walk over to the man and Ye Jin-ah.

- "Hi, you must be Ye Jin's father, I'm his teacher. Miss L/n" you say introducing yourself and putting your hand out to shake.

- "Hi" he replies as he shakes your delicate hands. "I'm his fathers secretary, his father was busy today." He says in a really low tone which made him really attractive, before clearing his throat. And now the young father seemed to make sense because he wasn't a father.

- "Oh, well that's alright, I really feel like Ye-Jin has already adapted very well" you say smiling at him, as Ye-Jin smiles at you back.

It got a bit awkward as you realise it was silent and the only thing the secretary seemed to be doing was staring deeply at you.

- "I'm sure his father will be happy to know, thank you" the man says in his dark tone, as you just smile at the both of them and bow a little as he turns around with Ye-Jin in his hands and walks away.

'Wow' you thought, before heading back into the school.

You finish with cleaning up the classroom and finish most of the marking from the children's writing books. You grab your bag and head towards home from a long day of work.

You're near your house before your phone starts to ring.

- "eomma?" you say answering your phone. "Ahh hey" you say after she confirms it's her.

- "Y/n, I wanted to talk to you"

- "Yeah sure, what about?"

- "Isn't it time that you start to settle down?"

- "Ah Eomma, we've been over this. I told you when the time is right, I will settle down"

- "I know! But I just thought Mrs Jang's son is coming back from the US in two weeks and we thought it would be best for you to see him again" your mum contends.

- " 'We', who's 'we' ? Did you already talk to Mrs Jang about this?" You ask your mum.

- "Honey, I don't see the problem, he's handsome and very nice. He's a gentlemen" she argues.

You get a little frustrated from your mums constant pushing to get married this past year. You haven't seen that boy in years after he broke your heart.

- "Okay eomma, I'll meet with him-" you say hesitantly, as you remember how he broke your heart but no one except Ha-Ru knew.

- "YESSS" your mother screams.

- "BUT if it doesn't work out, then I'm going to call it off" you say.

- "Deal! But please give it a try again!" She voices. "Now, I need to go, I love you honey" she says in her warm tone.

- "I love you too Eomma" you say before cutting the phone and opening the door to your small apartment.

.

.

.

The rest of the week passes and you saw a little of a weird pattern with Ye-Jin. He was a sweet and an innocent kid but the person who seemed to pick him up switched nearly every day and they were always late.

It was Monday again as you stood out there with Ye Jin.

- "Ye-Jin, can I ask you a question?" You say as you get on his level as the playground empties.

- "Yes" he says as he smiles widely at you.

- "How do you feel about this school?" You ask him, as you smile at his cute round, chubby face.

- "I like it! I feel protected here!" He exclaims, smiling.

- "Protected? You mean safe?" You ask him feeling a little confused.

- "Yeah! No one can touch me here" he says.

'No one can touch me. What does that mean?' you thought as a concerned and confused expression lies on your face.

- "Ye Jin- ah" you hear as you look up to see the same dark orbid man from last week.

You stand up to see him look at you with a fierce look in his eyes, scaring you a little.

- "C'mon Ye-Jin" he says quickly grabbing him by the hand.

- "Bye Miss L/n" he says waving back at you as the man takes him away hastily.

You just wave back at him and smile...