More than ready

Author POV

- "The name is Taehyung..."

His hand comes forward for you to shake. You shake his hand as you come to realise the difference in the size of your hands. His fingers were slick and long as he held your hand.

- "Nice to meet you, y/n" you add.

- "Ah right, nice to meet you" he replies with a sly smirk appearing on his face. "Is Jungkook home?" He asks.

- "Yeah, he's inside" you reply, as you move out of the door way to let him in.

He takes off his shoes before sliding his feet into the extra pair of slippers, walking into the living room to see Jungkook sitting there.

- "Hey" Taehyung voices as Jungkook smiles. "How you feeling?" Taehyung asks.

- "I'm good, y/n helped me so I'm better" Jungkook professes, as you smile faintly at his words.

- "I heard what happened so I thought I would check up on you" he says. "You gotta be careful" Taehyung warns, as you begin to get curious about what actually happened.

- "Naa, I'm okay" Jungkook responds, sitting up a little.

- "Well... Mr Kang knows so just rest up for now" Taehyung says, patting his shoulder.

- "Alright, thanks Taehyung" Jungkook says.

You catch Taehyung's eyes on you as he looks at you up and down.

- "So how long have you been here for? Or in other words how long will it be till you take off again?" Taehyung asks, looking directly at you. "From what I remember, it seemed like Jungkook was going to die from the last time he saw you."

Your heart drops automatically at his hurtful but truthful words. Was this the way it was going to be from now on?

- "Taehyung" Jungkook calls aggressively.

You stand there a little silent, not knowing what to say. You were shocked. Jungkook stands up from his seat.

- "Its okay Y/n, you dont need to answer-"

- "It's okay Jungkook... because he's right" you reply to Taehyung. "But I'm here now, and I always will be" you say, firmly.

Taehyung nods at your response, whilst smirking. His elbows on both of his knees, as his face was turned to you.

- "If you need me, I'll be in the other room" you tell Jungkook before leaving the living room in embarrassment.

Jungkook looks at Taehyung, glaring coldly at him.

- "Keep your fucking mouth shut Taehyung" Jungkook spits.

- "Relax dude, I was just asking" he articulates. "Jheeze"

- "Don't you ever dare make her feel guilty" Jungkook argues as Taehyung gets up from his seat. "You have no fucking right"

- "I didn't mean to, just came out" he lies so casually.

Jungkook knew Taehyung well enough to tell him apart from his lies.

Taehyung was different compared to all of Jungkook's other hyungs. He was more mysterious and closed.

But there was something about you that threw Taehyung off tracks. From the first time he ever saw you till now, he himself did not know and it annoyed him deeply.

- "Anyways, I'm gonna get going" Taehyung mentions. "Just came to check up on you" he adds, before punching Jungkook lightly in the arm. "Rest up well" he scoffs before walking away, leaving Jungkook in an awkward state.