{35} Secrets Unfolded

**3rd person's POV

"I think we need to talk..."

[s/s] stared up at him with wide eyes, of all the people he was the last person she was expecting to see at this time. Her jaws clenched and she stepped aside to allow [m/n] to come in before closing the door.

The silence floating around them was suffocating, neither knew what to say to the other or where to even begin. They awkwardly shifted their weight from leg to leg and looked around the room, avoiding eye contact as much as possible

"I uh... I passed my provisional license test" [m/n] finally spoke up amidst the overwhelming silence

"Congratulations..."

"Thanks..."

That was followed up by more silence until [m/n] couldn't bare it anymore

"Fuck sake" he grumbled "Where... Where do we go from here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, how do we fix this? What do we do? What do we say?"

[s/s] said nothing as she stared at the fairy lights that decorated her room.

"What did I do that made you hate me so much...?"

[s/s] hands twitch, she chewed on her bottom lip before turning to look eyes with [m/n] for the first time since he walked in.

"I could ask you the same thing"

"Don't beating around the bush"

[s/s] jaws clenched and unclenched as she contemplated her next words

"I don't wanna have this conversation right now" she scowled

"If not now then when?" [m/n] frowned "I don't wanna leave things like this for much longer."

"Well what if I do?!" [m/n] took a step back, his brows furrowed together in shock "You always put on this saint act, and pretend like you're perfect. But you're just a self centred jerk! I don't know what Bakugou-kun sees in you"

"...So you're just bitter and jealous because Katsuki picked me over you?" [m/n] couldn't help but roll his eyes "Typical"

"Fuck! You really don't get it, do you?"

"What am I supposed to get! You're just suddenly yelling at me for no reason! It's always been like this hasn't it? You've been such a bitch to me since the start!"

"See? That right there is your fucking problem!" She barked "You can't tell me you don't remember how hard I tried to get along with you at first. I shared everything with you, tried to make you feel at home, I tried to talk to you but you shut me out! And I get that your parents died but that doesn't justify the way you treated me."

[m/n] opened his mouth to speak but [s/s] kept going

"You slammed doors in my faces, ditched me outside all the time, I took the blame for you whenever you broke something and took the punishment in your place and not once did you ever thank me."

[m/n]'s bite down on his bottom lip as he looked down at the floor, all the words getting stuck in his throat

"My parents bent over backwards and tip toed around you for years to make you feel happy, but while they focused all their attention on you they forgot about their own daughter!"

[s/s] let out a shaky breath, her hands balling into a tight fist, face turning red from all the anger and frustration that had been buried finally being set free