{51} You're Hot, Cupcake

**3rd person's POV

"Oi, Monoma" [m/n] grabbed his arms to stop him "can I talk to you for a second?"

Monoma looked stunned for an instant but quickly went to glaring at [m/n].

"Whatever, make it quick" he scoffed dramatically. [m/n] grabbed his wrist and led him back into the building to give them privacy.

"So... what is it?" Monoma barked impatiently

"I didn't say it but thanks for saving me back there" [m/n] smiled, ignoring Monoma's harsh tone

"Huh..." the blonde blinked, staring at [m/n] with a dumbfounded expression

"During our battle, when I was falling, I would've been in deep shit if it wasn't for you. Thank you, I really appreciate it" [m/n] spoke sincerely

"I know I'm a dick, but even I wouldn't just let you fall to your possible death."

"So you are self aware" [m/n] joked and Monoma rolled his eyes. "Well, see you" [m/n] turned around to leave but stopped and turned back around to face the blonde again "you know, you and I aren't too different"

"We couldn't be more different" he huffed, folding his arms over his chest

"I heard what you said about a 'last effort from the side character'... I get that, you probably think all of us in 1A are the main characters, but that's not true."

"Are you trying to say that you're a side character?" Monoma raised a skeptical brow

"Well— yeah" [m/n] shrugged "but what I'm saying is, you and I can get along" [m/n] walked closer to Monoma to playfully nudge his arm

"Tch" Monoma scoffed again "You're an idiot"

"Maybe lose the insults" [m/n] deadpanned

"I'll stop the insults when you stop saying dumb thing. If your a side character then the rest of us are barely background characters"

"...Ok I've lost the plot" [m/n] blinked.

"Do I have to dumb everything down for you?" Monoma narrowed his eyes at [m/n]. The blonde unfolded his arms and began walking forward, forcing [m/n] to walk backwards until his back hit the wall "you're hot. In more ways than one."

[m/n] eyes grew comically wide and his brain was taking far too long to process Monoma's words

"You're funny, strong—nothing about your says side character, so no, you and I aren't the same at all" he spoke in an uncharacteristically intimidating tone "the fact you said that pisses me off. Side character my ass"

"Mono...ma" [m/n] chuckled nervously "you're not making sense right now..."

[m/n] saw what he thought looked like hesitation in Monoma's eyes for a brief second but he wasn't unable to fully register it because in the next second he felt a pair of lips on his.

The first second was [m/n] realising he was being kissed, the second was him realising that he was being kissed by Monoma, and the third was him realising that this was bad, very bad.

He pushed Monoma and stared at him like he had just spilt his plate of ramen unto the ground. He opened his mouth to say something, anything, but when nothing but a silent wheeze came out he ran away.

Which brings us back to [m/n] speed walking back to the 1A dorm, panicking about what just happened and how he was going to face Bakugou. When he entered the dorm he sped past the small group gather in the common area, completely missing the greetings.