Chapter 53

Bella's POV

I stand there looking at my sister as I took a step towards Edward.

"Hello sister." Her voice  dripped with authority as she looked at me with cool rainbow eyes. "Dr. Morgue, I trust you are well." Her eyes looked as though they were piercing deep into his soul.

With his voice as monotone as a robot he replied, "Yes my Highness."

I could tell right there that Duchess was not the same something had changed or snapped inside of her.

"And why would you think that sister?" She hissed as me. Edward through himself in front of me  and crouched in defense.

Immediately, Jane, Alec and Felix were in front of my sister as if I was a threat to her.

"Jane, Sister, Brothers, its okay. She is my sister and will not hurt me. She is family as well." Chess' voice is soft and gentle as she speaks to the guards of the Volturi. "Right Edward, your mate will not be harmed and neither with you or Alice but I shall deal with you three in more depth after I have spoken to Dr. Morgue over here about my, er, situation."

She stands up elegantly and gestures to Jane to follower her with Dr. Morgue.

"Alec, Felix take my sister her mate and her mates sister to a room in the East Wing and for you three, the West Wing is off limits to you Bella but I suggest that both you and Dickward stay away from there as well."

And with that she glided out of the room.