Chapter 8

Waking up, I recognized the room I was in first.

The half library, half hospital. Carlisle's office.

"Carlisle!" I yell " Where are you?"

Suddenly, Carlisle is stood in front of me.

"Duchess are you al..." He started.

I cut him off by putting my arm around his neck and pulled his face down close to mine.

"I meant what I said before I fell asleep in your arms. I love you and I don't want you to ever leave me." I whispered than I brought his lips down on to mine and kissed as if my life was about to end.

Breaking the kiss, Carlisle looks into my eyes and the topaz is blurry and wet from the tears in his eyes.

"Carlisle, what's wrong?" Worry evident in my voice.

"Duchess, I've only know you for a few days and don't get me wrong, I like you but we can't be together yet."

"Carlisle? Wh-what do you mean?"

"It means in order to protect you, we can't be together. Not yet at least."

"Protect me form what?!" I yell.

"From me!" He yells back.

"What about you do I need protecting from? Your kind sweet and loving. Your whole family loves you!" 

"I'm a monster Duchess!"

"No you're not. Give me one reason to believe that bullshit!"

"I'm a fucking vampire. Is that good enough for you?"

Suddenly, the rooms quite.

I walk out of the door, tears gathering in my eyes as I walk out of the Cullen's house and into the forest where I walk and walk until I reach my fathers house.

Walking inside, Bella is sat on the couch with Charlie but when the door closes, they both look up and, standing up, rush over to me to envelope me in a hug.

"Where were you?" They both ask.

"Phil and Renee kidnapped me. They trapped me in a coffin for go knows how long and then dragged me out of it to torture me."

With that, I walk up the stair to my room, change into my pajamas and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

Pajamas above

Duchess' Bedroom

Duchess' Bedroom