Chapter 42

Marcus Pov

When I first met Duchess I knew that she was my daughter.
The bond was too strong for us to be strangers.
She also looked a lot like her mother.
But I was foolish and I didn't tell her.
I didn't think she would find out, especially not the way that she had.
I wasn't surprised when she walked out of the hotel room.
The pain was still hidden in her eyes the way that her mother used to.
I always loved them both but I hoped that my curse wouldn't affect Duchess' future.
I always had someone to look after Duchess.
Charlie Swan.
He was always meant to be a father.
And when Renee divorced him.
He came to me and said that he had failed to be a father to my daughter and that he was sorry.
I told him he didn't have to be sorry. He never failed me.
When Duchess was about 4 I knew it was time to tell her.
She came over to Forks with Isabella to see their father and I told Charlie that he and Billy had to tell her.
So, whilst Bella and Jacob were making mud pies in the backyard, Billy and Charlie bad a sit down with Duchess and they told her the truth.
About how she was half wolf and half vampire.
But they never told her who her parents were.
Again on my orders.
When I found her in Seattle, lying on the ground, my unbeating heart broke.
I knew she would probably hate me for taking her back to the palace but I couldn't leave her in the alley.
So I picked her up and carried her back to the hotel.
When it was clear that she wasn't waking up, I booked a plane to Italy and took her back to the palace where I lay her to rest until she awoke.
Three days passed until she woke.
In the last day, I told the Cullens as well as Bella and Charlie where she was.
All but Carlisle whom I can't find.
When she started to stir, I made the wrong call to have her changed up so we could talk.
But I was wrong about that.
She's powerful already and if she ever gettings bitten by a vampire it could either kill her because of the half wolf already in her system or it it can create the most powerful vampire.
The true Queen of Volterra.
Either way I didn't want to risk it.
I was shocked at the fact that she could mask her scent so well as she was able to sneak into the feeding.
When everyone was done feeding, there was one vampire who was clinging on to a woman.
And when I realised who that woman was I went crazy.
My daughter was being drained right in front of my face.
I ripped the head off the vampire and stood with unfalling tears in my eyes.
For what felt like the most painful life time ever, my daughter's eyes opened.
The most beautiful colours ever.
"Duchess..." I spoke at the same time Jane did.
She sat up so softly it looked like she was floating.
When she got to her feet, she walked towards me.
She wrapped her arms around my shoulders gentle and hugged me.
"I love you dad." Her voice was next to my ear.

" Her voice was next to my ear

Duchess' eyes.

A/N
Who liked Marcus' Pov?
Was it a surprise?
Tell me what you thought in the comments and if you have any questions add them in the comments as well.
I hope this chapter has answered some and has give you some joy.
Xx