37

K E N D R A

It was yet another episode of a boring day. If my life would be made into a movie series, it'll have the most boring episodes ever. Nothing controversial. Just me sitting in my swivel hair here in my office. While I was just busy organizing emails in my office, somebody knocked on the door.

"Violet, are you inside?" Hera asked from the other side of the door.

"Yes, Hera. Come in!" I exclaimed and waited for her to enter. 

"Is Sir Zachary still not here?" Hera asked me.

She had visited me in my office to ask if Zachary came to work today. Unfortunately for her, he didn't. It's been a week since Zachary did not come to work. And I am in a bit of a pickle because of his absence. Talk about responsible.

"As of now, he's not in his office. His chaeuffeur called and informed me that he won't be making it today." I delivered the news to Hera.

His chauffer, Andrei, called me early this morning. It didn't actually help because he made me even more worried. All he told me was that Zachary won't come to work and I shouldn't ask more. Well, Andrei saying those is making me want to ask more though.

"Is that so? Then when will he be available?" Hera queried and I really couldn't give her a definite answer.

"I'm afraid I don't have any news, Hera. He's not contacting me and his phone is turned off." I told her. There's no point in lying.

I'm not gonna cover him up for his untimely absence in the company.

"Please inform me once he contacts you, Violet. I really need to talk to him about this month's project." Hera looks so stressed too about Zachary's absence.

This is why the position of CEO is hell lot more important than one can think of. I can remember that one time when I suddenly had to attend an emergency and left the company for two days. It was just freaking two days. But guess what? A tons of work welcomed me back. Proposals here and there. It was a pain in the neck.

"Sure will, Hera." I reiterated and smiled at her to comfort her. She is so stressed about the CEO's disappearance on the wrong time. I am too.

I heard they were creating a new approach on the business plan. I think they really needed Zachary's opinion about this one but he was missing in action. I couldn't blame her. I was also stressed about Zachary not going to work. There were a lot of emails he had to read and clients kept on calling if they can talk with the CEO. I just kept answering them in a scripted way and informs them that the CEO isn't available. I kind of had the urge to accept some offers despite not having the approval of the CEO. Some were just too good to waste.

The opportunity of making more money for the company is taking a toll on me. It makes me more frustrated to know that I can't do anything about it.

"I'll see you around, Violet. Call me when he comes." she said to me.

Hera went out of my office disheartened. I pulled out my phone and contacted Zachary. His phone kept on ringing but no one was answering. What in the world is he doing to be gone on his own comoany for a week now?

He may be busy helping my brother but how can he ditch his company for that? I think he's aware how his father disliked the idea of him as a CEO of this company and neglecting this company mustn't even be part of his to do list. I wish I can see him right now and whack his head a little bit. He needs to go back to his senses.

"I know that you also have a personal life to care for but shouldn't you contact me? I'm your secretary for God's sake but I don't even know where on earth you are hiding."

I pinched the bridge of my nose to calm myself. He's so self-centered and that aggravates me. At least contact me from time to time, right? That won't hurt.

"Can't you send just a single text to inform me where you are? Clients are popping up here and there but I don't even know what to tell them. Must I say you're in a leave when you certainly aren't? I ain't gonna lie for you, Mr. Montemayor. I had enough fair shares of sin in this lifetime and increasing it isn't part of my plan."

I hit the send button and put my phone in silent mode. I sent him a voicemail so that if he checks his phone, he'll hear my sentiments.

"Cyan's gonna text me about his lunch. I can't turn it to silent mode." I mumbled to myself and turned my phone back to normal.

I remembered that Cyan will be informing me if he had lunch and will send a photo. I can't miss his text. Plus, I consider Cyan as someone I might need to take care of. For a doctor, he requires a lot more care.

Lunch break came and I did my usual routine. Eat at the cafeteria with my friends and go back to work. The day quickly ended and I went out of the company to head home.

"Is your boyfriend not here to pick you up?" Hera asked when we all got out.

Although I wanted to correct her about Cyan being ny boyfriend, I chose not to. I only smiled at her and nodded.

"He's busy with his surgeries." I replied and they all looked shocked.

"Your boyfriend's a doctor? Why didn't you inform us?"

They sounded so shock to which I don't understand..Why are they shock? Are the amazed that I didn't denied the 'boyfriend' thing or are they amazed with the fact that Cyan is a doctor?

"I don't like talking about his life with others. And you didn't ask too." I reasoned out. 

"Right. Let's catch up with the rest next time. Me and Lucy will get going." Hera said and they bid goodbye before entering the taxi.

I also went inside a taxi and gave the driver the address. We joined the busy streets of New York before making a turn to where Aunt Emerald's house was. The taxi was nearing Aunt Emerald's house in Brooklyn Heights when I spotted a familiar guy. I stopped the taxi and paid him quickly before going out and running to the guy's direction.

I spotted the familiar car nearby and I looked back at the guy. "Zachary?"

HIS SECRETARYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara