1

K E N D R A

The sun's blazing rays that kissed my face, woke me up from my sleep. A few moments after I opened my eyes, someone knocked on my door.

"Good morning, Madame. Mrs. Rivera wanted me to wake you up. They said you will be late for work if you do not start your day." a maid's voice said in the most polite way she can.

Fudge. Why did Mom just ordered to wake me up now? She should've woken me up earlier! At this rate, I'm going to be late for work.

I groaned to myself and took a quick shower. I didn't bother to wash my hair and just put on dry shampoo. I don't have time to blow dry it if I were to wash my hair. I'll be even more late in that case.

Good thing that my things were readied for me by the maids. My handbag and a suit was laid on my bed and a pair of pumps were lying on the floor. I quickly threw them on and applied lipstick. I can't do a full makeup right now. After I get out, a maid came to me and handed my car key. My Benz was now outside the house gate and I was the only one needed. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 15 minutes past my usual working hours.

"Did Mom and Dad already leave?"

"Yes, Madame. They left very early in the morning."

"How about Kendrick? Did my brother went home?" I asked again while descending the staircase

"Mr. Kendrick did not went home yesterday, Madame. Would you like me to pack you up some sandwich?"

"No, I'll be fine." I reiterated and went out the house to head to my car.

I started the engine and it roared a few seconds after. I maneuvered the car out of the village and drove it to the company. When I entered the highway, reality slapped me.

I should really wake up earlier now. This traffic will add more minutes to my lateness. If Dad finds out about me being late for almost an hour, he'll be an earful again. Plus the fact that my brother Kendrick won't shut his mouth about it is enough to make me shiver.

After honking for minutes, I arrived at the road leading to a shortcut. I used it to bring myself to the company. Thankfully, there weren't any other cars driving on the shortcut road I took.

"Good morning, Madame." greeted the employee on the front desk.

"Good morning to you too." I replied and walked to my elevator where Red is waiting for me.

"You're late again, Madame. Care to explain why?" Red asked and I laughed a little at her serious tone.

"I woke up late. Nothing new, Red. Appointments?" I diverted the topic and brought up my appointments which is more important to Red more than anything else.

"Right, your appointments. You're schedule is fully packed for today, Madame. At nine o'clock you'll be having a meeting with the Board of Directors. Mr. Rivera had called for you to be in the meeting. After that is your lunch meeting with the Ystel Groups. Later the afternoon, is your weekly inspection in the airport."

"Gosh. That's full packed. Call me when the Directors are heading here. I'll be in my office." I said and bid goodbye to Red before entering my office.

I noticed the unpleasant state of the couch and fixed the pillows. A smile crept onto my lips when I saw that it was now good looking to the eyes. I walked to my table and put my LV bag on top of it. My brother Kendrick bought me this bag as a present from the recent collection Louis Vuitton released.

After sitting on my chair, I opened my laptop to start my day. Not long after I opened it, mails started flowing in. I guess, I'll be busy for the rest of the day.

"Hey, Kendra." somebody had startled me from my peaceful working and made my heart jump out of my chest

"Is knocking not in your vocabulary?"

"Nah. I'm your brother, ain't I exempted from those formalities?" he reasoned out, "Besides, I'm here to see my pretty sister. I need you for something."

"You only come to see me when you have a favor. What is it? I don't have enough time in my hands, Kendrick."

"I'm going to Vegas later and I wouldn't be able to meet a client of mine. Would you kindly talk with the client on my behalf? Your my sister so I approve of whatever decision you'll do."

"The shipping agency's yours, Kendrick. I don't want to meddle on that line of business. It's yours, deal with it yourself." I replied which he disagreed to

"Just this once, Kendra. Please, I really need to go to Vegas and talk to that client. Please?"

"Prize?" I asked and he smirked before answering my question, "I'll get you the cruise collection you wanted from before."

"Full collection? With the bag, clothes, shoes, and accessories?"

"With the bag, clothes, shoes, and accessories." he said with finality and I smiled at him, "Okay, I'll talk to him. Whatever decision I make, you will respect it."

"Yes, I will. It's seven o'clock at The Hollows. Don't forget Kendra. Love you sis, you're the best!" he said before dashing out my office

I shook my head and went back to my work. I replied a few mails and read some contracts and reports for this week. After reading more than ten of them, I stood up and stared at the busy city from behind. It's already nearing nine o'clock. I wonder if the directors are already here?

"Madame? Mr. Rivera's calling for your presence in the conference room. Should I tell him to wait a little bit or that you'll be there right away?" Red asked after knocking three times on my door.

"Tell him, I'll be there right away."

"Noted, Madame. And please fix yourself, you look under the weather and the directors seemed to be in a serious situation." Red pointed out and I frantically put on some makeup

I fixed my hair and went out my office and headed to the conference room wih Red, good thing I have her in my side. I took a deep breath when we reached the room.

"Good luck Kendra!" Red whispered before I opened the door. I smiled to her, "Thank you, I needed that."