54

K E N D R A

Zachary turned his head around to see me. His eyebrows creased and he stared at me intensely. He was probably deciphering why I was asking for a talk.

It was justifiable to question why I was asking him tk talk with me. We aren't even close friends and I don't have any business to do with him. It's just right to question why somebody wanted to talk with you despite having no certain connections at all.

"Spill." he mumbled and I sat on the chair in front of him.

Now that I'm finally here, I couldn't get my tongue. It seemed stuck and all I can ever do is stare at him. My heart was also beating so rapidly that I was concerned if it can beat out of my body.

"If you're not gonna say anything, please leave me. I'd like to be alone." he said and was about to stand up when I shouted him what I wanted to say. "I like you!"

I saw how his jaw clenched again and he met my eye. His eyes were pitch black and I couldn't see what he was feeling right now.

Was he happy? Excited? Angry? Upset? I could not pinpoint what he was feeling. His eyes is void with any emotions. It's like I was looking at a black canvas.

"I like somebody else." he said and I stood up to stop him from leaving.

"It's Violet right? You like her, right?" I asked and this time, he remained in his spot.

"Why do you care?" he asked and I swallowed the nonexistent lump on my throat.

"She's not coming back." I desperately said and now he looked angry.

"Who are you to say that she's not coming back? Do you know her to say such thing?" he stated with a flaring nose.

"Can't you see, Zachary? She left without prior notice and a valid reason. She abruptly left your company and what? You think she will still come back?"

"How did you know all of that? Did you stalked me?" he asked and I realized what I said. Gosh. Curse my mouth for spilling some unwanted information.

"Why would I stalk you?" I said to avert the suspicion of Zachary. " Perhaps because you like me, that's why you did it."

"If I had time to stalk you, I would have used it to hide from my family. I ran away and you really thought I can stalk you while hiding?" that shut him up. He may have realized that I was hiding while those events happened.

Zachary looked as if he doesn't have any plan to talk so I muttered all the courage in me. I got to say what I need to say right now because I don't know when I'll be able to talk with him again. This might probably be my last chance to talk with him.

"Kendrick told me about how you helped him in finding me. He said you like me. Why like somebody else when you had devoted all your time in finding me?" I asked because that was I was curious about.

"It's different now, Kendra." he said and that clenched my heart. Why was it different? Is moving on from someone that easy for him?

"How did it become different? I'm still the Kendra you like. Can't you give up on Violet and try it with me, at least?" I suggested because I was desperate for a chance.

"What you're asking is too much, don't you think? Who are you to order me to give up on Violet? You're a no one." he said and that struck me.

"You liked me but dared to call me a no one? Aren't you scared of what I might do for your rudeness?" I asked because I perfectly am capable of doing nasty things.

I'm not a saint and I won't be able to forgive and forget.

"Try me. I'm not scared." he said and we exchanged glares. Gosh. Why did I even hope?

Did I made him fall so hard when I was still in the identity of Violet? He's freaking so head over heels for a fake person. I can't believe he can easily fall that hard for a person.

"Is Violet that great for you to turn your back at me? I surely know that you really liked me. Am I just a no one or are you just a douchebag?"

"I don't fight girls so I'll forgive you for calling me that. And yes, Violet is that great."

After he said those, he walked towards the door and held the knob. He then halted and looked back at me.

"I'll leave you be. And stop liking me, I don't think I'll ever like you back any time soon."

That was the last straw.

I fell on the couch and my eyes suddenly felt warm. Gosh. I felt like crying. I was alone in this house so I couldn't help but finally cry. My tears started falling one by one before it became a waterfall. It was cascading nonstop and I don't plan on stopping it.

While crying, the door suddenly bursted open and Kendrick emerged. He roamed his eyes and his gaze settled on me. He ran to my side right away.

"Kendra...why are you crying?" my brother asked when he saw me inside.

Zachary turned me down in a blink of an eye. It hurts so much. So freaking much.

It was so wrong to put my hopes so high up just for it to be crashed to the ground in a devastating way. I'm Kendra Rivera now, what's there for him not to like? I thought that if I come back as the real me, we'll be able to have a chance together. We'll be able to pull it off.

Besides, I was really sure that he like me. Was living in the identity of Violet a wrong choice of mine? Why do I feel like regretting my decisions to make a fake identity? Why am I blaming myself when I should be upset over Zachary?

Why do I always find myself defending him even when he had hurt me so much?

"Zachary..." I mumbled but failed to continue what I was saying.

"What about Zachary? Did he do something to you?" Kendrick looked so alarmed while I was crying.

He looked at me with so much love and care. This is how I wanted Zachary to look at me.

"It hurts here, Kendrick. It hurts so much." I mumbled and sobbed.

Kendrick removed my hair from his sight and looked at me. He looked worried and pissed.

"Let's go to the car." he said and helped me stand up. He gave me a handkerchief for my tears.

"What about golfing?" I asked and wiped away the remaining tears on my cheeks.

"We're done. Let's go home." he said and we both entered the car. I wore the seatbelt and Kendrick suddenly went out.

"Where are you going?" I asked because I thought we were going home.

"I forgot something. I'll just get it and come back quickly." he said and I nodded. I just wanted to go home quickly.