49

K E N D R A

"I'm glad that you already decided to go back. God knows how much I prayed for your life, Kendra." Aunt Emerald said while she was helping me pack my clothes.

I told her about my plan which I made for just a night. I pulled an all nighter last night because many things were going on in my mind. Instead of doing nothing, I thought about what I should do. I weighed all of my options and thought about things seriously. After sacrificing sleep, I finally formed some. And I came up with this.

To finally go home.

"Thank you for being a Mom to me during my stay here, Aunt Emerald. I won't forget that I once had a Mom like you in my lifetime." I sincerely thanked her because she became my energy source during my hardest times.

Just when I thought the world was turning its back on me, Aunt Emerald proved me otherwise. She brought light and saved me from the darkness. She is the reason why I am doing good in life today despite all of the problems I have. She's that reason which made me keep going.

"You shouldn't make your Mom hear that. She might get jealous about it."

After Auntie said that, I looked down. I was being emotional again. These days, everything that relates to my Mom makes me sad. Sad might be an understatement. I'm devastated to know what my Mom had gone through. I just feel bad that she had to exoeri that in the middle of our family crisis. I wasn't even there to help her in the hospital.

Good thing that I had my friends that knows everything about the rich socialites' life. They got news about my Mom. According to them, Mom's safe but she got an awful amount of wounds that she still had to stay in the hospital for a week or so. I was a bit thankful that my friends were able to know that. At least I can be a bit relieved now.

"Is she doing okay?" she asked and held my hands to comfort me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and fought hard to supress my tears before nodding. Gosh. I'm having the urge of crying again. Tears just don't want to stop.

"She's... she's fine but the doctors suggested for her to stay in the hospital." I reiterated and Aunt Emerald slowly wiped the tears cascading down my cheeks.

"I'm glad that she's safe. Text me when it's okay for us to visit. I'll bring her a fruit or something to help her recover fast."

"I'm really thankful for having you, Auntie. I won't ever ask for more." I said and Aunt Emerald smiled.

"You sweet young lady. Come here and give your pretend Mom a last hug." she said and put me in her embrace. It felt warm and motherly.

"I'll visit you again soon." I promised and Aunt Emerald just giggled at that.

She helped me pack all of my clothes before leaving me to prepare lunch. My last lunch with them as Violet Carter. It was sad to think that I am leaving this place but this isn't my real home. So I eventually would need to leave.

Unfortunately, Cyan wasn't here. He's been working nonstop for three days now and he still isn't going home. Aunt Emerald was dead worried and she's been visiting Cyan to give him his meal. I planned on visiting Cyan first before finally going back. I don't want to just leave him behind. I need to say goodbye properly. That's the least that I can do.

"Should I drive you to your house, Kendra?" Aunt Emerald offered but I refused.

"I'll still go to Cyan to bid goodbye, Aunt Emerald. Maybe from there, I can just take a cab back." I replied just like what I planned.

"Okay. Just call me if you change your mind, okay?" she still offered and I smiled. "Yes, Auntie."

We ate lunch together and I got my backpack before saying one last goodbye to Aunt Emerald. She was emotional about my departure and was stopping her tears. I was also stopping mine.

Aunt Emerald may not be my real Mom but she felt like one to me. No matter what happens, she'll be my second Mom whom I'll never forget. I gave her a hug again before leaving the house which warmly welcomed me when I had nowhere to go.

I promise that I'll visit them.

The cab arrived and I told him to drive me to the mall. I was planning on buying Aunt Emerald's family a gift and just pay a delivery guy to deliver the gifts to the house. I can't deliver them myself. It's just too sad if I do that.

I went inside a clothing store of one of my favorite brand. After that, I went to another store of my other fave brand. From the first store, I bought a black long sleeved gradient maxi dress that is color black on the top but slowly changes into pink on the hem. On the second store, I bought Red a black leather jacket from the fall colection of the brand, I also bought a bag that goes well with it.

For Auntie, I bought her an underwear set from VS that came with a shirt. I also got her a bag and that sums up all I bought for Aunt Emerald. For Blue, I bought the newest model of playstation. He likes them so much. For my last stop, I went inside a luxury watch store. A lady welcomed me and led me to a glass of pretty watches.

"What are you looking for, Ma'am?" she asked and I looked at the wristwatches before answering her.

"I'd like to buy a wristwatch for a guy. What do you recommend?" I queried and she presented me many wristwatches.

They were pretty and all but it didn't seemed right for Cyan. I wanted something more unique. Something that will be memorable.

"We have couple wristwatches too, Ma'am. Here's the newest couple watch we launched and it's a limited edition." she said and showed me two astounding wristwatches.

It was consisted of jewels and I know it'll be expensive as hell.

"Limited edition?" I asked and tried on the watch for the female. It looked good with my skin's complexion. I think it might be worth it.

"Yes Ma'am. The founder of this brand personally designed them and only five were produced. Would you like me to wrap it up, Ma'am?" she asked enthusiastically.

She looked so sure that I was going to buy it. I thought for awhile before pulling out a hefty amount of cash. Good thing that I was able to withdraw almost one fourth of the money in my bank account. Because of it, I can buy anything. Plus, my salary from being a secretary wasn't a joke. It was a pretty high selling job which is great. I managed to save a lot of money.

"Can I wear this already?" I asked and got the wristwatch for the female.

"Yes, of course Ma'am. I'll just wrap this up then." she said and put the box where Cyan's wristwatch is in a paperbag.

I went out of the shop before hailing a cab again to go to the hospital. It's my last day as Violet Carter so I wanted to personally say goodbye to Cyan. I can't just leave without telling him. That'll make me feel bad.

I sighed heavily before smiling to myself. This is it. After the hospital, I'll be back at home.