59

K E N D R A

I was sitting on a high chair and a makeup artist was doing my makeup while I browse the internet. I was also texting Courtney right now. She said she was also getting ready for the gala.

I already saw her gown yesterday and it looks so gorgeous on her. It was a midnight blue slip gown that shows of her curves. Courtney also said that she's going there with Harry. Lucky her.

"Do you like darker shades or lighter shades of eyeshadow?" Elaine, the makeup artist, asked.

I lifted my gaze and looked at myself. "Please put light eyeshadows, Elaine." I said and wentback to talking with Courtney.

Elaine finished with my eyeshadows and put a little bit more make up to accentuate the detials. She even put fake diamonds on top of the eye shadow and it was so amazing. She eventually fixed my hair into a bun. It was a little bit messy that went well with my hair.

Elaine left after she finished my look and I went inside my walk-in closet to wear the gown. I had a little bit of difficulty putting it in but I managed. I wore my shoewear and went out the room, fully dressed.

When I went to the living room, the others were already waiting. Mom was right that we we're all wearing white clothes for the gala. "Kendra, darling. Let's go."

We all headed to the parking lot where Dad's limousine was waiting. I went in first and Kendrick sat in front of me. We were all quiet inside until we arrived at the venue.

After minutes, we arrived at the banquet hall and so many people were inside. Mom and Dad quickly walked to their subordinates and business partners to greet them. Meanwhile, I was left with Kendrick.

"Won't you go to Courtney? She's over there." he said and gestured me to leave. Gosh. Why don't he just say that he wants to be alone?

I left him just like what he wanted and went to greet my friends. Courtney was with Harry. Cass was also with them but Luke wasn't around.

"I thought you were going to forgive Luke for this gala?" I asked after kissing her cheeks.

"I did. He's just talking with your brother and Zach. Why don't you get yourself a real date, Kendra? You always come to the gala with Kendrick as your partner." Cass said and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not rushing. Besides, Kendrick doesn't have a girlfriend so might as well drag him as my partner."

"It's nice to see you in a gorgeous dress every year, but don't you think getting a partner apart from Kendrick would be nice?" Courtney added and I couldn't help but grimace. They were pressuring me again.

"Come on, babe. Let the lady do whatever she wants. And as if Kendrick would permit someone to be Kendra's partner. He'll throw a fit if someone comes near his precious sister." Harry helped and I smiled at him.

"I don't understand him, babe. Kendra's not a child anymore. She's a grown up woman!" Courtney whined and Harry just smiled at her. "That's really none of our business, isn't it?" that made Courtney shut up.

I just got myself a glass of wine because I didn't really wanna talk much. Continuing, the party started. Countless of people talked in front before the dinner was served.

I bid goodbye to Courtney to go to the table designated for our family. Our surname was put in the middle and four chairs were laid around it. I sat beside Kendrick and ate quietly.

"Me and your Dad will head to our hotel room after this. You two can still stay and mingle with your friends." Mom said when the desert was served.