2

K E N D R A

Good thing that the inspection finished early. There weren't any problems to address to so it was a relief for me. I got back to the company in a flash and I'll be heading to The Hollow. It's the restaurant where my brother was supposed to meet with the client.

"Hello, Courtney." I answered the call as soon as I saw the caller ID. I just got inside my car when she called.

"Hey. I just wanted to ask if you want to go shopping or something? Are you in or not?"

Her invite stopped me from starting the engine and I thought for awhile. I'm meeting a client at seven o'clock in the evening. Will I be able to meet him on time if I go shopping with Courtney?

"Yeah, actually I'm on my way." I said after I collected my thoughts. A visit to the mall won't hurt.

"That's great! Just wait for me in the mall okay?"

"Okay." I answered back and ended the call in a jiffy.

I drove my car to the mall and waited on the mall's parking lot. I turned on the radio and listened to the music to kill boredom. My eyes were closed and I was swaying on my seat when I felt my car move. I instantly opened my eyes and a car just hit my bumper!

I went out my car and saw a black Bugatti Veyron who's trunk is ruined. Who the fudge is this? I saw a guy went out of the Bugatti Veyron. He was wearing a light blue suit and a frowning face.

"Hey! What the hell is your problem?" I furiously roared at him and cursed in my head.

Instead of answering me, he just stared at me and brought his gaze back to his car. What a jerk.

"Good God!" I shouted and kicked his car's trunk which made the car move away.

"Oh my!" I shrieked when his car started rolling away the parking lot towards the other cars.

"Shit!" the guy cursed and got into his car to maneuver it.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled to myself when I saw how worried he was when the car started moving on its own

After stopping the car, he went out and looked at me in amusement. He briefly shook his head before checking his car if I made any scratch to it.

"Do you even know how pricey it is to fix a car? Now I need to get a handful of bucks just to fix this." I said trying to make him realize that he should pay me for the repair of my car.

"I'm aware that it's pricey." he simply said and pulled out his phone before typing something on it.I stared at him in disbelief after he just threw that nonsense line.  I also got my phone out and dialled my father's number.

"Hello Dad." I greeted first and he replied quickly, "Kendra, what made you call?"

"Can you please send a car to the address I'm going to text you? My car got hit and the bumper's awful."

"Your car got hit?! Are you fine, darling? Are you hurt or something?" he worriedly asked.

"No, Dad. I'm perfectly fine right now. But please do send a car here, I have an appointment I can't miss." I asked him and he chuckled, "Sure darling. Expect a car after a few minutes. I'll end the call now, I was in a meeting before you called."

"Sorry, Dad. I'll make sure to not call you during office hours again. Bye." I apologized because I just made him answer my call in the middle of the meeting which I know my Dad really hates.

I glared at the guy again and mumbled every curse I know in my head. How am I going to the restaurant now? It's nearing seven o'clock and I'm sure I will be late for the meeting. My brother's client may be in the restaurant now and is waiting for me.

My brows creased in confusion when I saw Courtney calling. Gosh! I forgot about our shopping trip. "Hello, Courtney? I may not be able to join you for shopping today."

"What a shame, Kendra. I was looking forward to it but I understand. I'll just go shopping alone then." she replied which made me more guilty. I even said yes to her invitation but now I'm suddenly turning it down. I'm such an awful best friend.

"I'm really really sorry, Courtney. I met an accident and I'm running late for my last appointment of the day. I promise that I'll make it up to you."

"Don't worry, Kendra. I know that you turned down shopping more a much more important matter. I totally understand and I'll be looking forward to that promise."

"Thank you, Courtney." I said with sincerity which she replied, "It's fine. See you soon, dear."

Courtney ended the call after that and my heart almost jump out of my heart because of happiness. A black Audi had just  parked in front of me. The glass window slid down and I saw my father's driver and he got out the car. He gave me the keys and I gave him the other key.

I drove quickly to the restaurant my brother texted me. The Hollows. I went to the table my brother texted me and saw no one sitting there. It was already 6:54 o'clock and the client is still not here? My brother knows that I don't tolerate late clients no matter how important they are but I understand. I was running late myself so who am I to get angry?

I sat down and ordered my usual meal when I est at this restaurant. I'm sure the client will be here soon so ordering my food won't be a problem. Besides, I'm really hungry after that car incident. Just thinking about it makes me stress.

After finishing my food, I looked at the empty spot in front of me. I guess my brother's client decided to not talk with the shipping agency. I'll just call Kendrick that his client stood me up.

"How did it go?" Kendrick chirped after receiving the call.

"Your client did not show up. I suggest you to put him on your block list. Such clients will be aliability if you partner up with them."

"Okay, noted sis. Sorry about wasting your time. I'd still get that collection for you. Go home safely, okay?" he said in such a tender way. I smiled upon hearing that tone from him. I like it when he becomes a caring brother. I find it comforting by just knowing that I have him.

"It's fine, Kendrick. I still enjoyed my dinner here. No worries, I'll be home safe and sound."

"Okay. Text me when you get home. Bye, lovelots." he sweetly mumbled before ending the call. This day is not bad after all. At least I got a sweet brother to cheer me up. That's all that matters.