74

K E N D R A

"Are you gonna talk to Zachary? He's here in Barcelona, right?" Courtney asked while we were in the pool area. We were under beach umbrellas and was sipping some cold juice. They suggested to swim in the pool for today.

"Yeah, we already talked." I answered and Courtney nodded.

She was desperate into squeezing some juicy information from me. Too bad I wasn't up for a fun and humorous talk. I just don't want ro share anything right now.

"So what's the plan? He's here already. Are you gonna take my words into actions?" Courtney said and I heard Cass groaning.

"Stop being nosy, Courtney. The fact that Kendra's not talking about says it all. Don't poke into her business, honey." Cass said and sassily put the sunglasses back to her eyes.

"I'm just worried!" Courtney defended and they went bickering again.

"Take your worry somewhere else. Kendra doesn't need it." Cassandra pointed out and I saw Courtney frowning.

"I have all the right to be worried, Cass. Besides, aren't you worried of our friend?"

"Oh, she'll be fine honey. Kendra is not a kid anymore. She's old enough to know what she is doing." Cass defended.

"I'm gonna say something offensive, Kendra. Please cover your ears." Courtney advised me and I just did what she told me to.

I just put my hands on my ears, pretending to cover it. But I was still able to hear what they were saying clearly. Covering the ears is not enough to block out sounds.

"The last time we left her on her own, she ran away Cassandra. And the moment I left her, she got herself hit my a car. Now do you understand where my worry comes from?" Courtney stated and I couldn't agree more.

It wasn't as offending as I expected it to. Courtney is only spitting facts anyway. So, yeah. I wasn't hurt or anything. I'm even agreeing with what she said.

"O to the m to the h, Courtney. Let the woman be. It's not like she'll throw herself to danger."

Gosh. When will they stop being like kids? I don't really like being their babysitter anymore. All this talk is making me tired.

"See you at lunch." I mumbled and left them in the pool area.

I'll change my clothes and make my day's worth. I'll go gardening in the frontyard. I changed into gardening clothes and went to the garden in the frontyard where I saw Luke. He was sitting on the swing in the garden and was holding a glass of juice on his hand.

"Hey, going gardening?" he asked and I nodded slightly.

"Wanna help? You can cultivate the soil." I suggested and Luke frowned.

"I'll try." he said and finished drinking his juice first before helping me.

I gave him a pair of gloves and he got the cultivating fork. He started working and I left him on his spot. He was doing good for someone who doesn't do gardening usually. I'm sure that he'll do fine. I'll just pull some weeds too in the pot of plants. Gardening is really a big help when it comes to destressing. It gives me solitude and peace. Just as what I wanted.

"Are you really gonna do it?" Luke asked and I glanced at him. He was already walking near me.

"What? The plan?" I asked and he nodded. He sat beside me and started cultivating the soil in this area.

He's fast for a beginner. I wonder if he do some gardening at their house too. He looks like he has some experience with it.

"Yeah. I mean I'm all support for your love but can you handle Uncle Ken's anger? I don't think it'll be a great idea to go against him." he honestly said and I averted my gaze.