14

K E N D R A

Friday came in a flash and I'm currently choosing my outfit. Courtney had been calling me nonstop to remind me that we were assigned to go get the groceries for our afternoon snack. It may just be a simple party among friends but I should look gorgeous. You can't rock a party while looking shabby. I should glam up and enjoy that party with a storm.

I chose to wear a white sleeveless top and a light brown skirt that goes well with the high heeled boots. I had to put a light makeup to match my outfit and I was ready to go. It didn't really take much time for me except when I had to choose my clothes. Girl problems.

"Girl! I'm here!" Courtney excitedly entered the house and even if I was still upstairs, I was able to hear her clearly.

"Tone it down, Courtney. I'm not deaf. Well I might be one if you keep on shouting." I pointed out and walked down the stairs with elegance.

"Cut the pretence, honey. I know you are excited as I am!" she exclaimed and I smiled at that.

"When did I not?" I told her and we squealed from excitement.

Courtney came on time and I was thankful for that. Tardiness is just too hard for me to tolerate. When I got out of the house, her car was parked just in front of our gates. Today is something new for the both of us. Courtney's going to drive for us and not the other way around.

"Let's rock that party!" Courtney screamed and I couldn't help but to jive along to her. We were having fun in her car that I did not notice that we arrived at the supermarket.

"Do you have a list of the snacks we should buy?" I asked Courtney when we were near the aisle of the snacks.

"What list? We don't need a list, Kendra. Get what you want and I'll get mine. See you at the counter." I did not even have a chance to stop her from leaving. I was also planning on teasing her with Harry today. Oh well, that can wait until we reunite.

I also went on my way and chose the snacks that I liked ever since I was a kid. I tried to get less food to make sure that I won't get to pay a large amount. It might seem impossible but I'm thrifty. Except when it comes to clothes and my fashion items. Sorry, that's something I don't stoo myself from buying.

"Should I get beer or something? I'm sure they would like to drink some for tonight." I talked to myself and I was relieved that Courtney came back.

Her cart was already loaded with a lot of snacks. Well that was fast of her. Is she the flash or something? How did she manage to collect those snacks in a short span of timem

"Hey, glad you came back fast. Shall we get some beer?" I asked right away and Courtney nodded in agreement.

"That would be great! Now that we're on it, let's get some soda too. I'm craving for some refreshments." she replied.

"I'll get the beer and you get some soda." I suggested and once again, Courtney agreed.

We separated ways to get the assigned refreshments and met at the counter. I paid first and Courtney followed. I was just by the end of the counter to wait for her to finish. 

"Let's quickly swing by a cafe and head to Luke's. How's the sound of that?" Courtney suggested as we load the groceries in the car.

"Magnific." I reiterated and we both had a toothy grin before we got into the car.

We did what we had planned and stayed at the cafe for a bit more. That's where I got the chance to tease Courtney about Harry. I'm sorry, I just can't help it. I'm so invested in this matchmaking that I can't afford to drop out of this yet.

"Harry's visiting after thanksgiving." I started and Courtney looked at me.

"So what?" she shot an eyebrow up and sip some coffee on her cup.

"You can see him if you go to our house after thanksgiving." I suggested and wiggled my eyebrows.

She sighed in frustration and looked at me with disgust. There she goes again, telling me to stop playing cupid and matchmaking her to someone she barely knows.

"How many more times should I tell you to stop? All you speak about is Harry when we're together. Are you sure you don't like the guy?" Courtney tried to reverse the situation.

"Of course not! He's a friend. F-r-i-e-n-d. A guy friend." I said with finality and Courtney just rolled her eyes at me.

Alright, Kendra - 1 Courtney - 0. I'm going to make sure that Courtney's going to thank me in the future for teasing her with Harry. I'm going to do that and no one shall interfere. Nothing can stop me.

"Let's go to Luke's house. He texted me that his Mom is already calling for lunch." Courtney said and I obeyed her without protest.

We went to Luke's house in silence. I did not bluster about it though. Silence was more okay for me than a noisy surrounding. Luke and his parents welcomed us warmly. We had a simple dinner which was surprising because it was really just a simple one. Luke's parents had to leave after lunch because of work and we were left in the cinema room together.

We had a movie marathon all afternoon and we resumed the party in the garden. Luke's parents already bid as a good night and they went to their offices to have a late work. They even gave us permission to get the garden dirty with food packs and stuffs.

"Cheers to the milestone you just had, Luke!" I started and rise my glass of beer.

Luke seemed to be extremely happy and proud of himself. He should be. As a friend, I'm already so proud. How much more does he feel about himself? I bet he is ecstatic and is in cloud nine right now.

"And cheers to Courtney's freedom of driving a car!" Cassandra added and we had a toast to celebrate this excellent day.

We were having so much fun when Courtney came to me with my phone. "Your Dad's calling."

I thanked her for informing me and I went to somewhere quiet to talk with Dad.

"Hello, Dad." I answered his call and locked myself in the bathroom I entered in.

He had called for over twenty times excluding this call. What in the world is the problem that he had to call me for countless times? Is something the problem? He rarely does this.

"Kendra! Good thing you picked up. Come home and head to my office right now. I have something to tell you."

I bit my lip in confusion. He knows that I'm out eating with my friends so why did he have to ask for my presence all of a sudden? And they're home?

"Is there a problem, Dad? Why do you need me?" I queried because I didn't want to leave yet. I'm having fun.

"Come home and I'll tell you. Hurry and leave that dinner." he ordered me.

"But Dad. You know that this is a celebration dinner for Luke. I can't leave all of a sudden. That's rude." I pointed out to him.

"Why are you disobeying me?! Hurry up and go home! Now!" I stiffened when I heard father's reply. I blinked for a few times to make sure that I was hearing it right.

Did Dad just raise his voice at me?

He can never even let me have a scar every time but he managed to raise his voice at me? He adored me dearly that he can never get mad at me but he did this? Why was I feeling anxious and edgy all of a sudden? What Dad did made me pertrubed and I suddenly couldn't think straight.

I'm having a bad feeling about this talk he wanted to have with me. My intuition is making me feel frightened. What is happening to make him raise his voice at his daughter whom he adores highly?