One : Money

- from now on, we will live freely

I sat on the cold floor with tears running down my cheeks nonstop.

There sat my mother infront of me, pale and weak, unconscious and almost close to death, I can't even approach her, I can't even tell her that it will be okay.

I can't even comfort her or treat her wounds, she doesn't even know I am here, she will be so panicked when she wakes up.

Funny isn't it?

I am sitting here with these bulky guys pointing their guns at me.

Why use these expensive weapons when they can just crack my neck in half with their goddamn huge biceps.

But they look hot.

Wait what am I thinking?

I ought to save my mother.

What do I do.

I was going crazy just thinking about it, my father's face was flashing infront of my eyes, I closed my eyes while breathing heavily and took my time in thinking again.

One week ago,

I served the dinner I made to mom and we ate in peace, suddenly her phone started buzzing and I checked it to see my dad calling.

I picked up the call and kept it on speaker.

"Honey, where are you? It's been two days. We will figure it out another way, you have to look for yourself too, come back home now." My mother instantly started ranting somehow making me emotional.

She was diagnosed with cancer last year and ever since then, nothing's been in place, we were poor but now it's even worse, dad took a loan from some Mafia guy for Mom's treatment and now he is working 24/7 to pay back, the interest is very high and they are warning us to payback or they will capture our house and make us homeless.

I quitted my education after high school and now I do small jobs in shifts, it would be a lie to say I am fine, I lost my childhood and teen years to poverty, but I have somehow accepted my fate.

My mother kept ranting on the call, "Mia, my dear darling, I absolutely love your shrill voice but would you please let me speak too?" I giggled at his words while my mother only glared at me.

"It's a good news, I managed the money, the deal was successful and now we can payback. We will be free from the rent, I am going to return all the money tonight." Our jaws dropped  and eyes popped out of our sockets.

Mother instantly started shedding tears, "Is it for real?" She asked in her cracked voice, "Yes. We won't live in fear anymore. From now on, we will live freely." My dad spoke, I myself started sobbing because the news was just so overwhelming.

We have been giving our best every single day just to be free from this rent.

We will be free.

Everything will be fine.