Twenty Nine : New life?

- let's laugh our heart out,
Let's forget all worry,
Let's run in the fields,
And not be in a hurry,
Let's calm our souls,
Let's hear our voice,
Let's fall and roll and rise, and rise.

10 pm, I tried to sleep, no trace of him since the whole day.

3 am, I am still trying to sleep.

5 am, maybe I should run away but heck I can't even run.

6 am, I want to scratch somebody and snatch all of their hair. Why can't I fucking sleep.

7 am, I finally fell asleep.

1 pm, I woke up.

I looked around myself and the room was filled with doctors and nurses and Mr Kim sat calmly on the chair.

I nervously tried to sit up but it was difficult because of this huge plaster on my hand, the nurse helped me. I tried to hold in a yawn by keeping my palm pressed against my mouth. I was still sleepy but felt bedsick till now.

I took a quick glance at the wall clock and widened my eyes. 1 pm!? And 40 minutes!? I remembered how hard it was to fall asleep and almost puked at that feeling.

And what sucked more than that, was waking up and seeing a crowd of doctors and nurses ready to attack you with their syringes and bomb sized capsules.

"Good morning sunshine." Mr Kim called softly and I widened my eyes yet again, I can never get used to him calling me nicknames?

"G-good m-morning?" He chuckled at my questionable tone, "Relax. They will just check you up and change this hm? It will only take some time." He explained calmly. I could do nothing except to nod.

"Yes Y/n. No need to worry. You are healing pretty fast." Mr Oh spoke and I didn't knew why I felt embarrassed. My hair were a mess, my morning face always looked like I got bitten by bees or what. I clearly didn't look presentable but it's just doctors right? They probably just see you with their biological eyes, like the muscles and bones and all that structure of human body. I bit my lip in nervousness when I suddenly felt an urge to head straight to the washroom.

"Uh...excuse me miss..." I called in a barely audible voice. "What happened?" I snapped my head towards Mr Kim, he looked concerned, I signalled him that I was fine but he only stood up and approached me, I clearly became a tomato when he sat beside me, "Are you hurt somewhere?" He asked with his brows knitted in worry, "N-no it's just...I.." I leaned forward to whisper as I suddenly felt embarrassed, why am I even embarrassed, having to pee is completely normal!!! Ugh sometimes I wanna slap myself.

"washroom." I whispered in a really low voice, he stared at me for a while and let out a chuckle, controlling his laugh. I didn't realised I was glaring till now. What's so funny now. He called a nurse and also whispered in her ear, while giving me a teasing wink. I almost had a heart attack.

I quickly got up and sprinted away while hiding my tomato face.

I entered the washroom and slapped myself out of embarrassment. This is all so new to me. I keep seeing his smile, 'Sunshine!?' he called me that. I took some deep breathes and looked at myself in the mirror. I tried to flatten my hair which looked no less than a bird's nest.

I should be sad and depressed, but here I am blushing and feeling like crazy. Why. why is he doing this. Does he want to kill me with his clean shaved jaw? Or his boy-ish boxy smile. Or his honey like voice that rips my confidence in half. Or his newly developed manners? That leaves me breathless and I have a hard time calming my throbbing heart down.

_____________________________

I stared at my hand which was wrapped in a new bandage, no more heavy plaster for the sake of my ALREADY irritated self. The last thing I would have ever wanted was to end up bruised and injured. I keep meeting with things I have always ran away from. Likewise I had always escaped the trap called 'love' but now seeing this gorgeous man looking back at me so attentively, his eyes examining every movement of the cells of my body, I can't help but be trapped.

He traps me.

"Huh?" I jolted back to reality when I heard his voice, I dumbfounded-ly stared at his confused face. Knitting my brows to look even more confused. "You said something? Who traps you?" He asked and I totally froze, I think I need to seal my lips whenever I am going into my 'lalalala thoughts world'

"Uh? Um nothing! Actually I am really hungry. I couldn't even sleep last night-" "What!? You should have told me! Or called for anyone?" He spoke with so much worry that I had issues calculating whether it was really that important or it was just him.

"It's-its fine." I spoke in a low voice, my stomach literally growling due to hunger. "It's not, Y/n. You can always call me for help hm?" He asked and I only nodded with a gulp.

He asked me if I wanted to have breakfast downstairs or here in the room and I gladly chose the room. I did not wanted the spying eyes of my friends down there, I was feeling more sad because I realised I am to eat those tasteless streamed vegetables and soup. Yuck. I thought and my eyes instantly shone with immense excitement when I saw some maids bring in a lot of food.

I leaned in to peak at all the delicious food.

Hamburger, sprite, tteokbokki, pancakes, pasta, chilli garlic noodles, french fries, dumplings, steak and bulgogi!? My eyes were threatening to fall out of my sockets, all of this....for me? I thought and shook my head in denial. It must be for him!! How come all of these are my favourites!??

I watched like a complete idiot when the maids kept the food on the table beside me, the tray itself was too huge to be placed on that table but thankfully it wouldn't fall too. I bopped my head towards Mr kim and caught him staring at me AGAIN.

I awkwardly looked down, what was that. Why did I felt so flustered. He didn't even said anything come on. Y/n get a hold of yourself. I thought and mentally slapped myself. Soon the maids left and the smell of the heavenly delicious food was making it hard for me to control.

But I can't act like a toddler getting a candy. Moreover I am sick I can't eat these. Then why did he brought it? To tease me!? "Your friends will join you, call me on that phone if you need anything." I heard him say and he left just like that. I was about to call him but he already left before I could recover from the shock.

Soon Lisa and Rye came running towards me. I stared at them with wide eyes. "Heyyyyy" Rye ran like a happy child and pecked my head, struggling to hold back from hugging me. I chuckled and Lisa also approached us."Our princess is finally getting her princess treatment?" She asked, glancing at the food of tray.

"Lisa. Mr Kim said-" "We know. Rye didn't eat the whole day. She only wanted to see you." I looked at Rye to see her pouting cutely. "Y/n... When will you get well?" She asked impatiently. "It feels so boring without you! We used to joke so much and now Lia just scolds me all day." She rolled her eyes at the end, "But it's not the time for that. Let's eat! I am so hungry!" She added making us chuckle.

______________________________________

These chapters might be boring but I will do better I promise. ♥️