Box of blessings

Siv: "pati thatha mela romba istamo?"
(Fond of your grandparents?)

Ashwin: "romba apdi ouru pair ah i have never seen even my parents are nowhere near compared to my grandparents in terms of showing love"
(Yes very much I've never seen a pair like them)

Siv: "enala inaiku nadandhathu nambave mudila"
(I can't believe what happened today)

Ashwin: "enaku romba happy. una nalla treat panuuvanganu teriyum ana ivlo caring ah irupangalanu nan yosikala"
(Im really happy. I knew they will treat you well but i too didn't expected this)

Siv: "en amma appa face la ouru satisfaction terinjuthu"
(My mom and dad's face suggested the satisfaction)

Ashwin: "enaku ipo paati thatha epdi react panuvanganu tha excited ah iruku"
(Now im excited about my grandparents reaction)

Siv: "solla poringala?"
(Are you going to tell?)

Ashwin: "for sure"

Siv: "what if they don't like me?"

Ashwin: "pidikalana... enna panalam neeye solu"
(You tell me.. What to do if they don't like you)

Siv: "terilaye"
(I don't know)

Ashwin: "ma tank fill pananum. Pick panitu vandhu panalama ila ipove panitu polama"
(Have to fill the tank. Shall we do it now or later?)

Siv: "panite polam"
(Let's do that first)

They filled the tank and later they started a little fight about playing the song.

Ashwin: "enkita pesa pidikalaya unaku"
(You don't like talking?)

Siv: "apdi ilanga"
(Not like that)

Ashwin: "ne padu na kekara"
(You sing ill listen)

Siv: "nan kandipa padanuma"
(Should i?)

Ashwin: "endha patu kekarapo nan unaku adhigama manasula varuvano andha patu padu"
(Sing a song that remainds you of me)

Siv: "endha song ketalum ungalatha ninaipa"
(Which ever song i hear it reminds me you)

Ashwin: "sari apo enna thonutho padu"
(Okay sing one that comes to your mind now)

Siv: "okay"

Unakaaga uyir poothu
Nindren..
Unakaaga kaththu kaaththu
Nindren..
Innum naanum sirumithaan
Yeppodhennai pen seiguvaai..

Vandhu moondru mudichu podu
Pinbu mutha mudichu podu
Ennai mothamaga moodu moodu..
Nee enakkul pudhaiyal edukka
Naanum unakkul pudhaiyal edukka
Uyirin aazham sendru thedu thedu..

Ilamaiyin thevai
Yedhu yedhu endru
Arindhavan neeyallavaa..
Idhuvarai vaazhntha
Vaazhkkaikku artham
Anbae nee sollavaa..

She sang sotta sotta song from taj mahal movie.

Ashwin felt his heart beating raising after every word she uttered. She never fails to make him feel special. She looked at him after singing.

Ashwin: "i love you" he completely lost his focus on the road while driving.

Siv: "anga pathu drive panunga"
(Look at the way and drive)

Ashwin: "when you sing i feel electricity passing in my vein im not lying"

Sivaangi blushed hard. They reached after an hour to their grandparents home. Ashwin and sivaangi went inside. Sivaangi's eyes teared up after looking at grandpa carefully placing Jasmine flower on his wife's silver hair. She grabbed ashwin's hand and looked at him remembering the words he told when they were at the pool in the resort. He smiled at her. They both went inside.

Grand ma: "adada ashwin kutty vandhachu"
(Aww ashwin came)

Grand pa: "ashwin va vaa. Yar andha kutty?"
(Ashwin welcome. Who is that dear?)

Ashwin hugged them and got their blessing.

Ashwin: "indha ponna tha nan love pandra paati peru sivaangi"
(This is my lover. Her name is sivaangi)

Grand pa: "nan neethutha unga athai kita solitu irundha ashwin ku elam nama ponnu paka thevai ilanu.." smacked his hands in a playful manner.
(Only yesterday i was telling your aunt that we dont have to look for an alliance for your marriage)

Grand ma: "onna nilunga suthi potutu kelambiralam"
(Stand together we'll leave after getting rid of evil eyes on you both)

Grand ma kissed sivaangi's fore head after caressing her hair. Soon after that a servant came and did the ritual.

Grand ma: "ashwin porakarapo evlo sandhosama irundhano athey maritha tha ipovum iruku kutty neetha avana kalyanam panika poranu teriyarapo"
(Im now feeling happiness knowing you going to be his wife like i felt when ashwin was born)

Grand pa: "unga kalyanam varaiku nan irupananu terila"
(I dono whether ill live till your marriage)

He went inside and picked up a box. Then he came out and called grandma inside.

Grandpa: "ithu sivaangi ku potu vidu"
(Give this to sivaangi)

Grandma: "nan ithu kadaisi varaikum yarukum kuduka matinganu ninaicha"
(I thought you will never give this to anyone)

Grandpa: "enaku paiyan porandha en marumagaluku kudukanunu ninaicha. Ipotha peran moolama marumaga vandhutale athum mahalakshmi mari iruka. Enga amma enaku kudutha apo enaiku manasara enaku ourutaruku kudukanunu thonutho anaiku ithula irundhu eduka sonaga. Inaiku thonuthu"
(If i had a boy then i would have given this to his wife. But now that is going to happen with my grandson. She is looking like a goddess. My mother told me to pass this on when i really felt like giving. Today i feel like passing this to sivaangi)

Grandma: "nalla mudivunga. Ashwin romba sandhosa paduvan"
(Good decision. Ashwin will be really happy)

Grandma brought that box with the gold coin. That was given to ashwin's grandpa by his mother when she was on her death bed. That coin was very close to her heart since she got it from her husband before he died. Ashwin's grandpa never felt like giving that to his mother but now after seeing sivaangi he really felt some deep connect. Thats not only because she is ashwin's choice ashwin's grandpa saw his mom in her eyes. He really felt emotional.

Grandma: "sivaangi ithu avaroda amma avar kita kuduthanga romba varshathunu munadi. itha nee varungalathula unoda manasuku pidichavanga kita kudu. Ithu un kuda irukarathu engaloda aasirvatham epayume unkuda irukarathuku samam."
(This is given by his mother before ages. You have to pass this on to our future generation to the one you like alot. Having this will you is like having mine and my husbands blessing with you forever.)

Sivaangi literally cried and hugged grandma after hearing this. Ashwin was really touched by this. Ashwin hugged his Grand pa. They both together fell on their feet to get their blessing.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you guys like it💜