sunset

They had a counselling sessions from grandma and grandpa on the way back home. They shared how they evolved as a person after getting married. And they pretty much broke the stigma sivaangi had about the opinionated relatives as grandpa and grandma strongly addressed their love for sivaangi. Ashwin loved how quickly they got bonded. Ashwin and sivaangi along with grandparents entered the embellished bangalow. In time the preparations for the evening started. After the breakfast the resentful relatives who've completely shown envy towards the strange girl who got the spot light which they wished for their descendant have gathered a group about discussing the unlikely occurrence. More over that was not only about targeting sivaangi they made sure they bad mouthed about sivaangi's entire ancestry while they have no proper knowledge about her. They felt belittled by kanthan family. They continued till the sunset. Anu and sivaangi had a great time with grandparents. Ashwin's mom and dad were bustling. Ashwin made sure he had a nap time in between and disappeared somewhere. Time for the pooja at the evening. Uday and diya with some of other ashwin's friends came after the school to the pooja. Sivaangi wore a cream colour elegant synthetic lehenga. Her hair was set in a wave with a kundhan maang tikka. Her forehead had a stone bindi with a little stroke of sacred ash. Her face was gleaming with a blush. She looked like a greek goddess. Sivaangi's parents informed her that they couldn't join them. The music was started for the dance infront of the krishna idol. The young ladies present in the function started their dance. Sivaangi was calling ashwin non stop but he wasnt answering. When the girls were dancing parallel to that the pooja started. Ashwin was not there. Sivaangi almost looked for him in every nook and corner. While the third song played it was radhai manathil song from snegithiye movie. Sivaangi was getting goosebumps because that is what her situation was at that very moment. She was looking for her love. But he was not showing up. Anu dragged her into the dance when the most relatable line was about to come.

Kannan oodhum kuzhal kaatril thoongivitu
Kaantham polae ilukum.
Mangai vandhavudan maraindhu kolluvadhu
Maaya kannan vazhakam.
(The flute played by Kannan will kindle the breeze and will attract like a magnet.
When maiden comes, It’s Kannan’s routine to vanish.)

Kaadu irunduvida kangal sivandhuvida
Kaadhal radhai alaindhaal.
Avanai thedi aval kannai tholaithu vittu
Aasai noyil vilundhaal.
(Forest became dark, and her eyes become red. Lovable Radha was roaming around,
In search of him, and she fell into the river.)

Sivaangi drowned in that song. she closed her eyes and her lips started signing. Her body slowly emitted the poise and grace through her dance when the rythm of the song and her move synced. Her swirls made her lehenga to bloom and wither every time. Her anklets gave a unique tempo. She was in trance. Every videographer in the building captured her dance. She only came back to reality when the music finally stopped for a brief moment before playing the next song. Everyone was awestruck seeing her perform. Anu dragged her out of there and started praising her performance. Ashwin's mom and everyone started to tell her how good she was. Soon after that the pooja was ended. Still there was no trace of ashwin.

Sivaangi went near the gate and looked outside. She couldn't wait for him to come back since it was her time to leave. She wanted to see him before going back to her home. When she was standing there suganya aunty came to her.

Suganya: "kelambitiya sivaangi inga enna panitu iruka?"
(You ready to leave what are you doing here?)

Siv: "ashwin varuvaru atha wait panitu iruka aunty"
(Im waiting for ashwin)

Suganya: "apdiya seri va ma apdiye ukandhu pesalam ashwin vara varaikum"
(Okay come with me lets sit and talk for sometime until ashwin comes)

They both sat near the garden area thats when all the other people joined them. Sivaangi looked at them confused.