Chapter 9

Peter's pov.

I hugged her as hard as I could. I was feeling guilty, but Astrid was right, it wasn't anybody's fault. I felt her hand in my hair, slowly playing with it while her other hand was rubbing my back. She was making me calm, just with her presence, all it takes is for her to be there and all the sadness is gone. She's wonderful and I'm glad that she's here.

"Do you want me to stay the night?" I heard her saying.

'yes, of course I want you to, I want to hug you and never let you go, to be by my side in every moment of my life' "if it doesn't bother you" I said with a low voice digging my face in-between her neck and shoulder.

She kissed my forehead and then she went to change in the bathroom. I saw her coming out with a black t-shirt and a black pair of shorts. She laid down in my bed and I put my head on her chest. She was still playing with my hair, making me calm and comfortable. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and I felt a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight Peter" said Astrid still playing with my hair and making circles on my back with her nails.

<in the middle of the night>

Astrid's pov

I heard screaming and I woke up immediately. I pushed Peter off me and I ran to Derek's room. He was having a nightmare.

"Derek, wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!" I yelled as he opened his eyes. He was sweating like hell and I could see the tears in his eyes. He looked at me in the eyes and hugged me. "She's dead As, I killed her" he stated crying on my shoulder.

"Hey, you did what was best for her, you ended her pain, it's going to be ok" I told him pulling into a massive hug.

Talia, Laura and Peter appeared in the door way as I was hugging Derek. They all came in and hugged him.

"Hey, you have us, you're never going to lose any of us" said Laura kissing his forehead. "We'll always be by your side" she continued, giving him a slight smile. He fell asleep, and everyone went to their room while I went with Peter.

"Come here" I said laying on the bed with my arms open. He laid his head on my chest and I hugged him. "It's going to be ok" I said with a slight voice and I felt Peter falling asleep as his breathing began to be slower. "I'll always be here for all of you and you know that" I said after I gave him a forehead kiss and I fell asleep too.

<in the morning>

Peter's pov.

I woke up in a quite good mood since Astrid slept by my side last night, but it all faded away when she was nowhere to be seen in the room. I started to get changed, and as I removed my t-shirt, Astrid came into the room with a plate full of pancakes.

"I'm sorry, I should have knocked" she said turning around, now facing a wall. "I made pancakes for the hole family since I woke up early and I delivered them to everybody's room."she said putting the plate on my bed."I hope you'll like them" she said turning around smiling at me.

I was already full dressed and I started walking towards her. She wanted to leave the room, but I pulled her closer to me, now hugging her and she instantly tenssed.

"Thank you" I said with a small voice and I felt her beginning to relax. She hugged me back pulling me closer. She was most likely 5'3 so it was easy for me to put my chin on her head. She took a deep breath and then she pulled back from the hug.

"It's Paige's funeral tomorrow, 2 pm, be there please" she said with a slight smile and then she left the room.

I started to eat my pancakes and then went to put my plate in the dishwasher. Now I know why Derek always said that Astrid is great at cooking. I crossed paths with Talia in the kitchen and she grabbed my hand when I walked past her.

"Peter, I have to tell you something" she said making a long pause "it's about Astrid..."

Astrid's pov.

After I left Peter's room I went straight home where I bumped into Raven.

"You scared me, As!" she said taking a big breath.

"Sorry Ray, I wasn't really paying attention to be honest"

"Too much on your mind?" she asked curiously.

"You could say that" I said with a sad smile. I had a lot on my mind, Paige's sudden death, keeping an eye on Derek, Paige's funeral tomorrow, the letter from FBI to know if I'm accepted or not, the whole Peter situation and our cute moments plus I didn't even know if I like him or not. It's just... Peter, what's not to like actually? Besides the arrogance and his specific smirks, he's nice. I need to stop thinking about Peter right now.

I went to my room to take a shower and for the rest of the day I tried to keep myself busy so I started drawing. It was a hobby of mine, I drew when I'm stressed, sad or just to pass the time. This time it was all those 3 reasons. I grabbed my notebook and some pencils and I started sketching until I had an idea of what to do. It was a wolf, 'a wolf with sad eyes' I thought to myself when I felt a breathing over my shoulder.

I took the knife from my leg and I turned around seeing that I was pointing the silver blade at Peter's throat.

"Don't scare my like that again!" I said putting the blade back. "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't know that you can draw he said with a sassy tone."But this" he said pointing at one shadow. "Let me help you" he said as he put his hand on mine, holding the pencil. 'Great, I wanted NOT to think about Peter and here we are, him holding my hand as he corrects some shadowing.' I saw what he meant and it was looking better to be honest.

"Thanks" I said turning my head towards him as he did the same, now our lips being few inches far from each other.